Kane to go for 160m to city

Manchester City are prepared to offer one of Brazilian forward Gabriel Jesus, 24, Algeria captain Riyad Mahrez, 30, Portugal midfielder Bernardo Silva, 26, or England attacker Raheem Sterling, 26, as part of a deal to tempt Tottenham to sell England captain Harry Kane. (FourFourTwo)

Kane could be set to earn a £400,000-a-week deal at Manchester City with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy having sanctioned his departure last week. (Sun)

10 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Manchester City are prepared to offer one of Brazilian forward Gabriel Jesus, 24, Algeria captain Riyad Mahrez, 30, Portugal midfielder Bernardo Silva, 26, or England attacker Raheem Sterling, 26, as part of a deal to tempt Tottenham to sell England captain Harry Kane. (FourFourTwo)

Kane could be set to earn a £400,000-a-week deal at Manchester City with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy having sanctioned his departure last week. (Sun)

A swap involving a fee and Jesus sounds good if I were Spurs, considering that he wants out, but I wonder if he would want to go to Spurs. Definitely can't see Sterling or Silva wanting to go there. It would be a huge step down.

Marginal gains isn't it?

City want proven in the PL - that costs money

And one of the greatest goalscorers to play in the PL, England skipper and as close as there is to a goalscoring guarantee is going to have a premium

Mind boggling money!!

I don't go back as far as the players getting the same bus as supporters to the games.

But do remember the slightly naff sponsored players cars.

Money in football has changed a lot more in the past 30 years than it did in the previous 100.

I know people will say how many nurses etc would £150m pay for but its not Government or the supporters money.

All does a feel a bit like computer game money though.

Kane is an exceptional target man. 

I think he's a better fit for how Man City play than Haaland at this moment in time. The latter thrives in a counter attacking team.

Should be good for England has he will learn how to move even better when the play is compact around the opposition's box

I know that people say that Man City don't care about resale etc, but to be fair to them, they've mad a lot of profit on younger players that they don't feel meet the grade, or they've signed players for good money that have contributed a lot and stayed with them a long time then released them, so they've more than got their money out of them, Fernandino, Aguero, Yaya, Kompany, Silva etc.

3 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

I think he's a better fit for how Man City play than Haaland at this moment in time. The latter thrives in a counter attacking team.

Not sure we can take too much stock in pigeonholing Haaland yet. At his age and skillset he can be whatever's asked. The fact he's also rapid just feels like a bonus cheat code on top of everything else about how he's built and plays. 

I'm not sure this is a move for the Premier League. City have already won that and likely can continue to regardless. They want to take the next step in the Champions League, and for me that's where I'd be wanting to put the money down for a player who looks all set to become footballs next big thing alongside Mbappe.

Undoubtedly Kane buys you goals so it's largely a redundant point, and they're probably no worse off in terms of the PL & CL for the next 5 years if they do buy Kane. Haaland would just be my preference at that sort of eyewatering money.. and I do want to see him in the PL (although ideally not at City). 

• Like 2

Had a fair few injuries over the years where he's missed a fair chunk of games for Spurs. 

Obviously this can happen to any player, but if my memory serves right, he has missed quite a chunk of the past 3 or 4 seasons?

Can't remember if he missed much the seasons just gone though. 

Don't think they will get £160mil, maybe £100mil plus a player. 

Bernado Silva apparently wants out of England, Sterline won't go to Suprs.

Mahrez might, but he's 30 now, so will be on a decline so not much value there. 

37 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Had a fair few injuries over the years where he's missed a fair chunk of games for Spurs. 

Obviously this can happen to any player, but if my memory serves right, he has missed quite a chunk of the past 3 or 4 seasons?

Can't remember if he missed much the seasons just gone though. 

Don't think they will get £160mil, maybe £100mil plus a player. 

Bernado Silva apparently wants out of England, Sterline won't go to Suprs.

Mahrez might, but he's 30 now, so will be on a decline so not much value there. 

He has issues with his ankles.

Seems to be a chronic issue as it happens most seasons with him going over on one or the other.

Still - I'd suggest he's worth the risk.

Honestly, I don't see any City player who is in and around the first team fancying a move to Spurs.

Massive backwards step.