Kane to go for 160m to city

“The last time Spurs played at their north London home, fans chanted 'Are you watching Harry Kane?', with the striker not involved in the Premier League opener against Manchester City as speculation about his future continued.

On Thursday all was forgiven as fans let their star striker know that he was still 'one of our own'

With his immediate future resolved following interest from City, Kane was named captain for this game”

lol 

23 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Pep’s come over a bit of a mardy bum in press conference today.

You didn't think the 'hope he enjoys the next couple of years in London' was sincere? 😂

He's a top manager but he does have that bit of peeved sarcasm in him when things don't go his way.

Mind you, if we were a title winning team after a top striker and he chose instead to stay at a club that aren't likely to win the league during his career then I'm not sure I'd be wishing said player 'all the best' either. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You didn't think the 'hope he enjoys the next couple of years in London' was sincere? 😂

He's a top manager but he does have that bit of peeved sarcasm in him when things don't go his way.

Mind you, if we were a title winning team after a top striker and he chose instead to stay at a club that aren't likely to win the league during his career then I'm not sure I'd be wishing said player 'all the best' either. 

It wasn’t ‘the next couple of years’ but ‘the last years of his career’, which is even more cutting😬🤣

40 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

It wasn’t ‘the next couple of years’ but ‘the last years of his career’, which is even more cutting😬🤣

Yeah, that is pretty scathing. 

Kane's decision could well see him end up with less career medals than Alan Shearer though & although they sing that he's one of their own it just doesn't seem as genuine of a connection as Shearer had to Newcastle.