Kane to go for 160m to city

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Not sure we can take too much stock in pigeonholing Haaland yet. At his age and skillset he can be whatever's asked. The fact he's also rapid just feels like a bonus cheat code on top of everything else about how he's built and plays. 

I'm not sure this is a move for the Premier League. City have already won that and likely can continue to regardless. They want to take the next step in the Champions League, and for me that's where I'd be wanting to put the money down for a player who looks all set to become footballs next big thing alongside Mbappe.

Undoubtedly Kane buys you goals so it's largely a redundant point, and they're probably no worse off in terms of the PL & CL for the next 5 years if they do buy Kane. Haaland would just be my preference at that sort of eyewatering money.. and I do want to see him in the PL (although ideally not at City). 

Totally agree with you about chucking that kind of wedge at Haaland instead of Kane. Didn’t his dad play for City as well?

You mention Mbappe too… in the last year of his contract and apparently wants to go to Real Madrid - whether they can afford him or not is another matter - but if I were Man City and had 160m to spend on a striker, I’d be trying to bring Mbappe to Manchester instead of Madrid 

17 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Not reported for Spurs training today. Why didn’t they just get him flogged without causing animosity? Surely this gives Spurs less bargaining power

With the money they’ll get for him, they can improve the squad.

Abraham is available for 40m he’s score in the region of 20 goals. 

i’d imagine that would leave another 80m to reinvest in the squad. Not a bad post to be in, saves a load of aggro. 

1 hour ago, 0wl18 said:

With the money they’ll get for him, they can improve the squad.

Abraham is available for 40m he’s score in the region of 20 goals. 

i’d imagine that would leave another 80m to reinvest in the squad. Not a bad post to be in, saves a load of aggro. 

Abraham is the biggest bargain going, Spurs just need to get a move on 

Never like it when players go on strike (if indeed that is what’s happened) to force a move. Remember when Van Hooijdonk did it with Forest about 22 years back? The whole of football castigated him - now it’s a regular, tolerated occurrence.

If Kane feels a gentleman’s agreement has been reneged on then that’s slightly different, although expecting Levy to honour something that is not absolutely watertight is somewhat naive.

Edited by Ever the pessimist
  • Like 1

Christ, who gives a fizz?

This kind of thing is exactly what is wrong with football.

Ridiculously overpaid 'superstars' changing hands for make-believe amounts of money whilst clubs in the lower leagues risk going out of existence forever sometimes over a few tens of grand, and the ******** captain of England going off in a strop because he is being expected to honour a contract that he signed.

Sometimes I think we are better off in League one, honestly I do.

Players have a remarkable capacity to underperform if they want to. 

Eden Hazard, Fabregas and Costa were a disgrace at Chelsea when they decided they wanted Mourinho out.

Levy has to sell Kane now, so Spurs have as long as possible to shop around for replacements. 

Tammy Abraham will be £40 mil to most clubs, but £60 mil for Spurs when Chelsea know they are desperate and have £100 mil in their back pocket.