Swansea target Barry Bannan…..

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Don't believe the wage that's being touted for Bannan, that's more likely his old contract, which is believable.

That said, he'll still be on a decent wedge, my best guess somewhere under £20k, reducing further on relegation, as with some others.

Comfortably our highest earner, but also comfortably our best player. 

Why would Bannan sign a contract, with no release clause and a relegation clause that reduces his contract.

When asked a month before the season ended DC said the club had not planned for life in league one.

Does any sane person think DC had the brains and the forward thinking to insert relegation clauses into players contracts.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Not a chance.

3 minutes ago, Tommo1867 said:

Everytime we were on sky commentators would say how he's top on the charts for the game and one of the best players in the championship and how every manager would have him in their side. My opinion is that he is comfortably our best player, with a fully fit Iorfa next. Both way too good for 3rd tier football. I can see someone offering around 5mill before season starts. 

Brentford offered £500k last season i think £5m a bit of a stretch. We might get £2m if we can find someone who does know we are despare.

1 minute ago, BridportOwl said:

Can't help but shake my head in disbelief that there are people out there who don't think Bannon would be anything other than sensational in League 1.

Probably the same people who cannot spell his name right.😁😁😁😁😁😁

• Like 1

Bazza top player sadly the rest are poor or bang average. The only reason he takes most dead ball situations is because we don't have anyone else capable. What a team we would be if we had , 10 others who could match his ability , desire and application.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Brentford offered £500k last season i think £5m a bit of a stretch. We might get £2m if we can find someone who does know we are despare.

No way DC will sell unless its very silly money. Bazza won't be going anywhere.

Just now, Asio otus said:

No way DC will sell unless its very silly money. Bazza won't be going anywhere.

Why would he, no one would be stupid enough to pay him £27,000 a week knowing he could be a third division player. Oh wait a minute!

He can do want he want here and pick up the best part of £2.5m before leaving on a free.

41 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why would he, no one would be stupid enough to pay him £27,000 a week knowing he could be a third division player. Oh wait a minute!

He can do want he want here and pick up the best part of £2.5m before leaving on a free.

Amazing that people believe he is on 27 k a week.  For the record i personally would take a couple of mill if it could be reinvested in the team. It appears though money cannot be used to purchase players whatever the circumstances, in which case no advantage at all to selling.

On 15/07/2021 at 11:18, malek said:

We need playmaker, though.

We needed him with Bannan here, without him we will need him even more. As we've seen last season as soon as opposition marks Bannan we can't pass ball out of our own 30 yards, panic and keep kicking ball back to opposition. I don't think that stepping down the league will make problem go away.

Problem with Bannan is that he insisted on being a deep playmaker, taking the ball off the defence and attempting long passes. When he was further forward against Cardiff he was outstanding but he wouldn’t do this consistently. There isn’t another team in the entire football league that has success with this “quarterback” type player. 
No doubt Bannan is good at what he does but what he does doesn’t win football matches. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Problem with Bannan is that he insisted on being a deep playmaker, taking the ball off the defence and attempting long passes. When he was further forward against Cardiff he was outstanding but he wouldn’t do this consistently. There isn’t another team in the entire football league that has success with this “quarterback” type player. 
No doubt Bannan is good at what he does but what he does doesn’t win football matches. 

There is a big question if Bannan would insist on doing this if we had somebody else capable of doing it instead. Bannan is most useful too us playing further up the pitch, but we need to have someone else capable of getting on the ball deep in our half and under pressure and distributing it to players that are not.

11 hours ago, smhouston said:

Why do people keep saying reinvest the money in to the squad? We aren't allowed

I would not be selling unless it's a ridiculous offer. Will be absolutely crucial for us this season with him being one of a handful of senior players. £10m at the very least

Why are we not allowed to reinvest money in the squad?

1 minute ago, malek said:

There is a big question if Bannan would insist on doing this if we had somebody else capable of doing it instead. Bannan is most useful too us playing further up the pitch, but we need to have someone else capable of getting on the ball deep in our half and under pressure and distributing it to players that are not.

It’s a team game. It isn’t Bannans prerogative to decide how and where he plays to benefit the team. For me this is part of the problem.  

21 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

It’s a team game. It isn’t Bannans prerogative to decide how and where he plays to benefit the team. For me this is part of the problem.  

Players react to what is going on the pitch and adapt and if Bannan was to wait to get ball played to him up the pitch he would never got it. 

All reason why I advocate need for an out and out playmaker. It would make us better side, help us keep ball better and get more out of Bannan. 

9 minutes ago, malek said:

Players react to what is going on the pitch and adapt and if Bannan was to wait to get ball played to him up the pitch he would never got it. 

All reason why I advocate need for an out and out playmaker. It would make us better side, help us keep ball better and get more out of Bannan. 

This..... 

The only reason he probably feels the need to drop back to get the ball is because he had players like the dismal Pelupessy around him. 

He was head and shoulders above the rest (well if he stood on a box 😄). Put better players around him who can do the donkey work and feed him then he wouldn't have to do everything.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This..... 

The only reason he probably feels the need to drop back to get the ball is because he had players like the dismal Pelupessy around him. 

He was head and shoulders above the rest (well if he stood on a box 😄). Put better players around him who can do the donkey work and feed him then he wouldn't have to do everything.

Absolutely 

Still don't want him in that "deep play making" role. 

He got quality to keep ball high up the pitch, spot pass and create goals. We need to help him do that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, runningaround said:

a fee between 2.5 and 4m and a promotion bonus wouldn't be bad

Plus approx £1m per year trimmed from the wage bill. I like Bannan but if we can get a decent wedge for him which will pay for his replacement, a proper keeper and a striker or two, then we’ve got to do it

• Like 1