Swansea target Barry Bannan…..

I’ve just seen this so have undoubtedly missed pages of frenzied debate on the issue, but for me I see us in a win win situation over Bannan. If we keep him I genuinely think he will boss L1 and our strategy of getting young players to play along side him is great. But if we do sell him and get good money it gives us a chance to maybe actually spend a few quid on a couple of decent L1 players, maybe a striker and give the other players a chance to step up. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Sorry, I just realised you're the same poster I was trying (and failing) to have a sensible discussion with the other night, who said Bannan won't be one of the best central midfielders in League One and he'd only be among the best in a division were we to be relegated to League Two.

If I'd realised earlier, I could have saved us both a lot of time and energy by not bothering to engage with your b*llshit.

It won't happen again.

How could you not have known about Emilianeko’s very specific views on Bannan? Even my wife knows and she doesn’t know who Barry Bannan is! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

How could you not have known about Emilianeko’s very specific views on Bannan? Even my wife knows and she doesn’t know who Barry Bannan is! 😂😂😂

I generally don't pay too much attention to who's who on here, beyond the more notable few.

I've somehow been spared the 'pleasure' until this week, it seems.

Guest Grandad

I find the notion that having a team full of players that couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo suddenly making a player who supplies numerous banjos a bad player due to the stats on how many arses they missed - hilarious

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I find the notion that having a team full of players that couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo suddenly making a player who supplies numerous banjos a bad player due to the stats on how many arses they missed - hilarious

They weren't good enough banjos, clearly.

Or summat.

🤪

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Der der ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Sorry, I just realised you're the same poster I was trying (and failing) to have a sensible discussion with the other night, who said Bannan won't be one of the best central midfielders in League One and he'd only be among the best in a division were we to be relegated to League Two.

If I'd realised earlier, I could have saved us both a lot of time and energy by not bothering to engage with your b*llshit.

It won't happen again.

I’ve defeated far better than you in debates. Take it as a learning experience.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

But Harris provided better quality banjos and not as many.

12 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

But Harris provided better quality banjos and not as many.

A serious question for you about Bannan.

Would you like him more if we took him off of set pieces. Because I am pretty sure that is the reason that he is 141st on that list. And we all know he normally hits the first man on a corner. 

His passing ability is up there with even the best in the Championship.  Just not as good from a dead ball.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

A serious question for you about Bannan.

Would you like him more if we took him off of set pieces. Because I am pretty sure that is the reason that he is 141st on that list. And we all know he normally hits the first man on a corner. 

His passing ability is up there with even the best in the Championship.  Just not as good from a dead ball.

I think he slows us down and often plays for himself. I have never doubted his technical ability despite what some think. He is very good in tight situations.

But he likes to sit on the centre half’s toes and drop too deep. He plays a few short passes ( getting his stats up) and then looks for the glory pass after the opposition defence is set. 
This rarely comes off yet it’s our forward players who get the blame.

We can move the ball quicker without him and often see our players frustrated when he demands the ball from them when they are about to move it forward quickly. On here that is interpreted as nobody else dare take responsibility.

He is poor defensively, not very disciplined but quick to berate others when he lets his man run without tracking him.

He does indeed need to be relieved from set piece duty but again his creative stats would take a big dip. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

The link is not nonsense. 
It works on chances created by chances converted.

A bit like striker stats. 
The ones with the best conversion rate come higher than the ones with the least.

Hence Barry Bannan came 141st because the chances he created weren’t that good.

What a load of b0ll0cks

7 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I think he slows us down and often plays for himself. I have never doubted his technical ability despite what some think. He is very good in tight situations.

But he likes to sit on the centre half’s toes and drop too deep. He plays a few short passes ( getting his stats up) and then looks for the glory pass after the opposition defence is set. 
This rarely comes off yet it’s our forward players who get the blame.

We can move the ball quicker without him and often see our players frustrated when he demands the ball from them when they are about to move it forward quickly. On here that is interpreted as nobody else dare take responsibility.

He is poor defensively, not very disciplined but quick to berate others when he lets his man run without tracking him.

He does indeed need to be relieved from set piece duty but again his creative stats would take a big dip. 

To be fair you do have some valid points. And there is a reason he isn't a premier league player and has never really cut it at that level. Despite probably having the passing ability to do so. He just isn't good enough to dictate the game at that level and that's the way he plays. 

But I do think where your argument falls down and maybe why you are getting a bit of flack on here. Is your refusal to see any of the good work he does do (and he does do alot of it) and just focus on the negative things he does. Not one manager has ever dropped him because he is a top quality championship player. And to suggest he would be anything other than one of the best midfielders in the league below is a little short sighted on your part. but I do see why you don't think he is on the pedestal some put him on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

They missed Windass’ second goal at Luton.

If you're counting that, then Bannan set up Rhodes's first goal at Barnsley (both crosses, slightly deflected then slammed in first time). So either way, Bannan got more assists than Harris.

7 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

If you're counting that, then Bannan set up Rhodes's first goal at Barnsley (both crosses, slightly deflected then slammed in first time). So either way, Bannan got more assists than Harris.

Nobody touched Harris’ cross for Windass. 
Either way Harris has better chances converted stats than Bannan.

41 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

To be fair you do have some valid points. And there is a reason he isn't a premier league player and has never really cut it at that level. Despite probably having the passing ability to do so. He just isn't good enough to dictate the game at that level and that's the way he plays. 

But I do think where your argument falls down and maybe why you are getting a bit of flack on here. Is your refusal to see any of the good work he does do (and he does do alot of it) and just focus on the negative things he does. Not one manager has ever dropped him because he is a top quality championship player. And to suggest he would be anything other than one of the best midfielders in the league below is a little short sighted on your part. but I do see why you don't think he is on the pedestal some put him on. 

I get flack on here because certain posters lose their minds if anyone dare criticise Bazza. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1