Swansea target Barry Bannan…..

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

It's been widely reported i.e. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-transfer-restrictions-recruitment-21012807.amp

I imagine until we get past this period of the EFL having the suspended wage penalty points hanging over our head, that restrictions will remain 

Hadn't seen that; thanks for posting.

Whether that would change if we brought in a fee, I have no idea.

We have a club that reached the Championship play off final wanting to sign Bannan because he will improve their team.

We are in League 1 and some ( albeit a small number) of our fans think he’s rubbish.

:duntmatter:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We have a club that reached the Championship play off final wanting to sign Bannan because he will improve their team.

We are in League 1 and some ( albeit a small number) of our fans think he’s rubbish.

Sir Alex Ferguson signed Demba Ba

Tottenham signed Andy Booth

A top tier Turkish side want Joey

Im a big Barry Bannan fan but i have to agree, he doesn't produce enough going forward for a £25k pw player. 

I agree with the win win with this. 

If he goes we get a fee and some fresh legs into midfield. 

If he stays then great he can help next season as he is a very good player. Maybe Moore can get the best out of him.

I always assumed the contract extension was an insurance policy for SWFC for relegation. Having said this, DC doesn't have any history of doing such things, but give him the benefit of the doubt and we now have an asset, one which many mid-table Championship teams would be interested in signing. The key is value, and whether DC could bring himself to part with him. Anything between £3m-£5m would be good business for SWFC.

BB would undoubtedly be an asset in L1, but I can also see the argument that it might be time to move on, as he controls our style; one which Moore may want to change. BB won't sit on the bench so Moore would have to build his team around him - not sure he would want to do this.

20 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Again, whose said he’s rubbish? 

We’re people seriously saying Harris was more productive than Bannan.

The same Harris that ruined and wasted chance after chance after chance to assist a goal after being supplied by Bannan all season?

I bet if you look at all our goals last season Bannan and Reach were involved in the goal, the assist or that pass to the assister for 80% of them

• Like 4

Guest Therealrealist

If bazza had signed a new deal to reflect the situation.ie: his age..the league we are in..his diminishing prowess..say about 8k a week..i think everybody would be happy for him to stay..but the fact is his wages are like s millstone round the neck of swfc..we could have bb (27k a week) barking and waving his arms at youngsters on about 3k a week..its not goin to harvest a goid team spirit

7 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

If bazza had signed a new deal to reflect the situation.ie: his age..the league we are in..his diminishing prowess..say about 8k a week..i think everybody would be happy for him to stay..but the fact is his wages are like s millstone round the neck of swfc..we could have bb (27k a week) barking and waving his arms at youngsters on about 3k a week..its not goin to harvest a goid team spirit

Where have you got 27k a week from apart from on here ?

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

Sir Alex Ferguson signed Demba Ba

Tottenham signed Andy Booth

A top tier Turkish side want Joey

When did Sir Alex Ferguson sign Demba Ba?

I know your usually on the money with the stats and facts so just wanted to double check.