Wilder to Spurs

Ha.

Even Daniel Levy wouldn't be that stupid.

I see Conte turned them down. Who'd have thought the serial winner didn't fancy the Spurs job.

If trophies were given out for trying to present yourself as an elite club, then Spurs would be the world f*cking champions.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ha.

I see Conte turned them down. Who'd have thought the serial winner didn't fancy the Spurs job.

If trophies were given out for trying to present yourself as an elite club, then Spurs would be the world f*cking champions.

Nah, they'd end up finishing 3rd

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Ha.

It seems one of the issues is that Conte wanted to bring his backroom team with him but Spurs resisted

I can see both sides here.  

On the one hand if a manager feels he works optimally with "his people" then that's understandable

On the other hand what often happens is that if/when the manager leaves it creates a big recruitment issue for a club

Some continuity of backroom staff is generally a good thing

33 minutes ago, scram said:

It seems one of the issues is that Conte wanted to bring his backroom team with him but Spurs resisted

On the one hand if a manager feels he works optimally with "his people" then that's understandable

On the other hand what often happens is that if/when the manager leaves it creates a big recruitment issue for a club

I get that, but I always feel like Spurs talk a good game but usually fall flat on their arse.

If you're going for Conte, then surely you take the plunge and back him to the hilt? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I get that, but I always feel like Spurs talk a good game but usually fall flat on their arse.

If you're going for Conte, then surely you take the plunge and back him to the hilt? 

Your first paragraph sums it up

Spurs never quite "get there"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, scram said:

BTW.. 

If Spurs were to take a punt they'd be on much safer ground going for somebody like Sean Dyche than Wilder

I'd like to see Dyche given a shot at a 'bigger' club than Burnley.

I also think, despite Spuds fans seeing it as an appointment lacking ambition, that Potter would be a sneaky good appointment if they went down that road. 

5 hours ago, scram said:

Howe was the same with Celtic

I find it odd that teams don't expect to bring a manager and his team in

Surely they need their coaches to help drill their playing style etc

55 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Howe was the same with Celtic

I find it odd that teams don't expect to bring a manager and his team in

Surely they need their coaches to help drill their playing style etc

Sometimes it's an entire change - coaching staff along with analysis, medical, sports science, liaison, interpreters et al

As i said i get why some managers want that but i also get why clubs are reluctant

3 hours ago, scram said:

Sometimes it's an entire change - coaching staff along with analysis, medical, sports science, liaison, interpreters et al

As i said i get why some managers want that but i also get why clubs are reluctant

Surely at the top level they expect that? If a manager leaves their staff go, buy the whole lot for next incumbent. If previous guy is moving upwards then compensation will also be forthcoming.