Euro 2021

On 26/05/2021 at 16:21, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why has he gone for White over Dunk? The Brighton fans say Dunk is better

I'm surprised Dunk not getting a chance, not the best on the ball but a better defender. Can't see the love in with Maguire imo hes ok but overated.  

• Like 1

On 25/05/2021 at 13:52, hirstyboywonder said:

France, Portugal & Belgium the favourites for me. Be surprised if the winner comes from outside these 3. England have a decent chance of getting to the latter stages.

France & Portugal in the same group as Germany is tough but with the 4 best 3rd placed teams to qualify they should be OK. One of them will meet a group winner in the last 16 if they get through though. 

Yeah England if they win group at Wembley!

If England get through that game then they'll get to final.

2 hours ago, runningaround said:

if england have maguire and henderson fit a great chance of semi and beyond then on mentality

Have you seen what Man u supporters say about Maguire, him and Stones really are our weak link. 

22 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

I'm surprised Dunk not getting a chance, not the best on the ball but a better defender. Can't see the love in with Maguire imo hes ok but overated.  

Dunk is much better than Maguire to be honest,  same kind of player but more consistent and more of a threat in the opposition area as well. 

Always suprised me how a 'big' team never came in for Dunk..Arsenal pratting about with the constant rubbish they have at centre back when £10 mil would have got him. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Dunk is much better than Maguire to be honest,  same kind of player but more consistent and more of a threat in the opposition area as well. 

Always suprised me how a 'big' team never came in for Dunk..Arsenal pratting about with the constant rubbish they have at centre back when £10 mil would have got him. 

Apparently Dunk is a bit of a homebird and has rejected moves away from Brighton when bigger clubs have come in for him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Apparently Dunk is a bit of a homebird and has rejected moves away from Brighton when bigger clubs have come in for him

That would make sense.

It happens,  it's why Kieran Lee went to Oldham from Manchester United, and is now perfectly happy at Bolton. 

Greenwood withdrawn through injury.

Athletic reporting JWP hasn’t been selected. Another journo from the telegraph reporting Lingard not going.

Greenwood

Lingard

JWP

TAA

3 to go

1 minute ago, 442 said:

Greenwood withdrawn through injury.

Athletic reporting JWP hasn’t been selected. Another journo from the telegraph reporting Lingard not going.

Greenwood

Lingard

JWP

TAA

3 to go

Ramsdale

White

Godfrey

I'd have thought one of Lingard or JWP would go, means Saka in the squad, great prospect but does he play on the left with all the other options? would have took an extra central midfielder personally.

23 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

JWP should go, imagine Grealish drawing the fouls

Wouldn't make a difference how many free-kicks Grealish wins in that respect if JWP was on the bench, not like we can bring him on and off to take set pieces American Football style, unless you'd have JWP in your starting line up? 

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wouldn't make a difference how many free-kicks Grealish wins in that respect if JWP was on the bench, not like we can bring him on and off to take set pieces American Football style, unless you'd have JWP in your starting line up? 

Struggling to break through, bring JWP on

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Struggling to break through, bring JWP on

If we were struggling to break through a team I would want a more positive substitution that turning to JWP. I just think he is a solid player but only really makes a difference from set pieces. He won't go past a player, he doesn't really play killer passes in open play. Tidy enough but not a difference maker at international level, someone who might get a run out in a friendly or a dead rubber group game but not someone to turn to when in need of a result. 

Pickford, Henderson, Johnstone

Shaw, Chilwell

Walker, Reece, Trippier

Stones, Maguire, Mings

Henderson, Rice

Mount, Foden, Bellingham

Sterling, Sancho, Grealish

Kane, Rashford, Watkins, Calvert-Lewin

That's my prediction.  Was hard to choose the last man (I would take JWP but think Southgate takes DCL or Saka)

The Squad is

Pickford

Henderson

Johnstone

TAA

Chilwell

Coady

James

Maguire

Mings

Shaw

Stones

Trippeir

Walker

Bellingham

Henderson

Mount

Philips

Rice

Calvert Lewin

Foden

Grealish

Kane

Rashford

Saka

Sancho

Sterling

Screams 3-4-3 to me.

• Like 1

As predicted by most, really.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Declan Rice (West Ham).

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City).