Euro 2021

24 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Whoever wins the Group of Death with France, Germany, Portugal and Hungary will win the competition overall. 

Unless Hungary win the group of course. They’ve got no chance.

I watched Hungary against Ireland the other night and they were absolutely rank against a poor Irish team. They should get pumped in every single game in that group!

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

Great city S6 I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

One of the best cities in Europe. 

36 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Agree totally with last few comments. Budapest is brilliant.

Just realised, if we finish 3rd in group D, we could possibly be playing our round of 16 game there. 

48 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

At the moment on SSN, one Sky reporter is interviewing another Sky reporter at St George’s Park, after being introduced by a third Sky reporter in the studio! 😂😂

Got to love a bit of SSN time filling. 

:duntmatter:

I reckon Italy will win the tournament, with Portugal as runners-up and France and Turkey making the last four. Mancini's got Italy playing well and effectively. Italy look like back to their best to me and a serious contender. Portugal, France and Belgium look strong too.

I fancy Italy to win it and someone like Turkey to be dark horses. I don't rate the home nations chances, Wales are in a very tough group, Scotland will struggle and England will go no further than the Quarter Finals. It looks as though in the knock out rounds like they'll run into someone like France or Portugal. It should be an interesting and enjoyable watch.

No matter what happens, it will be a positive distraction and good to watch, without the misery of all things on and off the pitch with Wednesday. 

Is anyone else having thoughts of optimism, instantly followed by thoughts of pessimism ?

I’m ultimately thinking

(upon watching videos of fans celebrating goals at the World Cup)

that if we get to have a few sunny bbq get-togethers while England do well for a bit, that’ll be great !  (Acceptable) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Is anyone else having thoughts of optimism, instantly followed by thoughts of pessimism ?

I’m ultimately thinking

(upon watching videos of fans celebrating goals at the World Cup)

that if we get to have a few sunny bbq get-togethers while England do well for a bit, that’ll be great !  (Acceptable) 

This is gonna be our year. Believe. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I reckon Italy will win the tournament, with Portugal as runners-up and France and Turkey making the last four. Mancini's got Italy playing well and effectively. Italy look like back to their best to me and a serious contender. Portugal, France and Belgium look strong too.

I fancy Italy to win it and someone like Turkey to be dark horses. I don't rate the home nations chances, Wales are in a very tough group, Scotland will struggle and England will go no further than the Quarter Finals. It looks as though in the knock out rounds like they'll run into someone like France or Portugal. It should be an interesting and enjoyable watch.

No matter what happens, it will be a positive distraction and good to watch, without the misery of all things on and off the pitch with Wednesday. 

Italy have Emerson of Chelsea in the squad = England to win the Euros

54 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Agree with you on Italy. 

• Like 1

I think Englands defence will let them down in the knockouts, can't see past quarters in this competition for Southgate team. I've had a small wager on Turkey each way at a big price. There have been some shocks in the Euros over the years so might be another.

• Like 1

Also fancy Italy, had a few quid on them.

That France team looks by far the strongest in the competition though. 

Had a look at the betting for top goal scorer and can't think who may get it. Kane and Lukaku both favourites. Benzema seems to have hit form this season though and could be a good contender if he plays regular.