Joost say your Goodbyes

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

You do realise though as compensation we have made him financially secure for life (Unless he has been daft), I would say Van Aken got the better end of the deal myself.

I don’t begrudge him that. Club’s fault for signing him. It’s no use buying a player who isn’t good enough and then blaming him for not being good enough. We needed a replacement for Loovens. We’d already committed ourselves to Rhodes’ deal. JVA was plucked from the poole we could afford. Why him, we’ll never know.

10 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

How is that his fault?

Where did I say it's his fault? My post was responding to someone saying they had sympathy for him.

I don't blame him for accepting the wages but have zero sympathy towards him that it didn't work out for him at Wednesday.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Where did I say it's his fault? My post was responding to someone saying they had sympathy for him.

I don't blame him for accepting the wages but have zero sympathy towards him that it didn't work out for him at Wednesday.

You said

"You do realise though as compensation we have made him financially secure for life"

So what? Most footballers in the top two divisions will be financially secure for life, it's just an odd thing to say. Far too much concern about what other people earn.

It's not your money, why do you care he's financially secure for life?

Guest Smackavolley

Always looked as though he had other things on his mind to me. WTF:

That photo doesn't do the girl justice.

joostvanakencelineschols.jpg

Edited by Smackavolley

9 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

You said

"You do realise though as compensation we have made him financially secure for life"

So what? Most footballers in the top two divisions will be financially secure for life, it's just an odd thing to say. Far too much concern about what other people earn.

It's not your money, why do you care he's financially secure for life?

The justification for the club having eye watering ticket prices was that club could afford the best players.

And the club brought Joost Van Aken.

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich
17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Not my type of centre half. I love big, battering ram defenders who win the ball and clear the danger, not fannying around trying to play out from the back. 

TRYING being the keyword 

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The justification for the club having eye watering ticket prices was that club could afford the best players.

And the club brought Joost Van Aken.

Separate issue though innit.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Thanks Joost for that 40 yard diagonal pass on your debut. 

3D66ED8B-901D-4AAB-8824-C2EE127A3A0F.png

If you look really close in the background, you can just make out the Pope.

13 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Always looked as though he had other things on his mind to me. WTF:

That photo doesn't do the girl justice.

joostvanakencelineschols.jpg

Away matches sharing a room with Calum Patterson or at home counting your money and settling down to watch Netflix with your beautiful girlfriend? No wonder players are motivated these days...