We've had players available and consistently managers have paired him and Bannan together. That's the reality. It's the fear of being creative... and nothing with change until a manager has the balls to make things change. 

27 minutes ago, Plonk said:

FFS how can you mention those two players in the same sentence. I hope José is currently trying to find your home address so he can boot you all round your garden. 

Well they’re both defensive midfielders who aren’t particularly great in the championship so it’s quite easy really 

• Like 1

I'll be enormously happy when he's gone:

Pelupessy is the only midfielder I can think of where there is entire twenty minute periods where you're unsure if he's even still on the pitch, because he's that uninvolved.

He might do well on some other team and with some other system and players that can compliment him, but he's entirely a waste in our side as far as I'm concerned.  Just not a great fit.  Looking on the brighter side, perhaps a shake up and a change of things in League One might bring out the best of him if we are saddled with him for an extended period, but it's a struggle for positives from him.

He's just not involved enough, and when he is, it's just participation award level.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Well be in the third tier next season. Yes I'd keep him. There's been far,far worse than him this season and likely on far far more money 

Again. A show of how far we have fallen. Keep a player criteria:

1- He isn’t our worst player

2 - He’s cheap 

5 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I'll be enormously happy when he's gone:

Pelupessy is the only midfielder I can think of where there is entire twenty minute periods where you're unsure if he's even still on the pitch, because he's that uninvolved.

He might do well on some other team and with some other system and players that can compliment him, but he's entirely a waste in our side as far as I'm concerned.  Looking on the brighter side, perhaps a shake up and a change of things in League One might bring out the best of him if we are saddled with him for an extended period, but it's a struggle for positives from him.

He's just not involved enough, and when he is, it's just participation award level.

I have nothing against Joey as a man. Infact I think he has one of the better attitudes in the squad. However his range of passing is very limited and he is too slow to be a defensive midfielder. He won’t get better or quicker, whatever League he plays in. 

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I have nothing against Joey as a man. Infact I think he has one of the better attitudes in the squad. However his range of passing is very limited and he is too slow to be a defensive midfielder. He won’t get better or quicker, whatever League he plays in. 

It really depends on what happens for next year, and who sticks around.  I can see Pelupessy having a better showing with more help with a proper three man midfield, and options on the wings in a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2.

Reality is we're in League One, and a solid, if unimpressive role player has his utility there.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

I think he’s done ok this season..had no problem with him starting today...BUT..he’s on 8k a week...cheap for us bu5 not cheap for an average holding 3rd division midfielder...he needs to be outed...like everybody else

34 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

We've had players available and consistently managers have paired him and Bannan together. That's the reality. It's the fear of being creative... and nothing with change until a manager has the balls to make things change. 

When have they done that by choice?

Wouldn't have got in my Sunday League team. Marks fresh air, when he does make a challenge gives away a foul, gets a nose bleed if he runs forward and one of several players this season whose kit hasn't had to be washed since August. Gives his best every match though, unlike Reach and the other spineless lot but no Pelepussy next season please.

• Love 3

5 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

It really depends on what happens for next year, and who sticks around.  I can see Pelupessy having a better showing with more help with a proper three man midfield, and options on the wings in a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2.

Reality is we're in League One, and a solid, if unimpressive role player has his utility there.

But it’s like we’re trying to find reasons to keep players. He’s out of contract, we can just let him go with a thank you. 
Let me ask you a genuine question. Imagine you have just been appointed manager.of a League 1 team. You decide to watch today’s game. Can you honestly say you would have watched Joeys performance and thought, “we need to sign him?”

19 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

The lower League choppers will have him for dinner.

• Like 1