Guest Mr. Christmas

Has been absolutely poo until the last 2 months. Hate him. But would be good for next year. 2 year deal if you ask me

19 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Did really well today 

Broke things up, used the ball well, positionally perfect, didn’t panic, first touch was great, read the game well

Get that man a new contract first thing Monday.

Don't you realise on here  that he is the devil reincarnated  and at fault for everything  wrong at the  club 

I have watched him carefully since he first came to the club and I still don't know what he is supposed to contribute to the side.  He very rarely tackles, he very rarely goes forward (how many goals has he scored for us), and if he could pass the ball forwards half as often as he passes it back he would be a world beater.       

Please, please, don't let's make the same mistake again.

44 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Did really well today 

Broke things up, used the ball well, positionally perfect, didn’t panic, first touch was great, read the game well

Get that man a new contract first thing Monday.

Been consistently good for about 3 months. Nowhere near the disaster artist some paint him as. Good attitude and effort, decent on the ball, prone to an error but he's been working that out of his game slowly. No pushover. Hardly a world-beater but a solid asset in L1. Genuinely wants to win, which sounds like a given but as we've seen with half this lot, it ain't. Happy if he stays.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think he’d be a decent, Semedo type player in league one. Hope he stays.

FFS how can you mention those two players in the same sentence. I hope José is currently trying to find your home address so he can boot you all round your garden. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Been consistently good for about 3 months. Nowhere near the disaster artist some paint him as. Good attitude and effort, decent on the ball, prone to an error but he's been working that out of his game slowly. No pushover. Hardly a world-beater but a solid asset in L1. Genuinely wants to win, which sounds like a given but as we've seen with half this lot, it ain't. Happy if he stays.

Just watching Crawley v Bolton and in my opinion if Joey was playing in the game he wouldn’t stand out at all. I thought he did ok today, he gives his all, but his all is a L1/L2 standard player, not one that will drive us forward next year.

I would like to see someone come up with the stats for the last 3 seasons showing how many games we've won drawn or lost with Bannan and Pellupessy as a midfield pair. Then, print it off and send it to the management team. 

Edited by Freshfish

Just now, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Just watching Crawley v Bolton and in my opinion if Joey was playing in the game he wouldn’t stand out at all. I thought he did ok today, he gives his all, but his all is a L1/L2 standard player, not one that will drive us forward next year.

Might be fair comment, dunno, we'll have to see. I stand by my general appraisal that I wouldn't be upset to see him still with the squad in L1.

Maybe my expectations have been ruined by recent recruitment, the idea that JP seems a safer bet than the open transfer market is probably very sad. :duntmatter:

Guest Theboylangers

He tries. 

Ultimately though, not quite good enough.

I wouldn't want him 'driving' our midfield next season. 

Just for the benefit of Att Chansiri in case he is reading and deciding who to hire next season...

Hasn't been our worst player this season, but he's supposedly on £7k a week and wouldn't stand out in League One. Should be able to sign a decent holding player that is much better on the ball for half of that. And give Alex Hunt/Waldock some gametime as the alternative.