One of the Biggest Injustices in Football

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

If we stay up it’s because it’s been handed to us.

I know we got handed -6 points yet are still (unbelievably) alive. 

Not Wednesday’s fault other teams are atrocious too (other teams that didn’t get deducted 6 points) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

If we stay up it’s because it’s been handed to us. Make no mistake.

We can quite as easily finish bottom of the league, and that would be deserved. 

No more deserved than whoever else finishes  bottom 

35 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

If we stay up - we deserved to

The table doesn't lie. If we win at Derby and Rotherham don't win either of their games, we deserve to stay up, the table says so.  And it isn't "because other teams have handed it to us" it's because we finished above other teams. I'm as angry as anybody at our pathetic team, and the rotten state of our club but I'm desperate to stay up. Anything could happen next season.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Steve1212 said:

We should have been relegated weeks ago, we have been given every chance in the world to stay up and we fudged up everyone of them,  these players are an embarrassment. 

You could say that against any of the bottom 4

• Like 1

Just now, 31Dec1966 said:

The table doesn't lie. If we win at Derby and Rotherham don't win either of their games, we deserve to stay up, the table says so.  And it isn't "because other teams have handed it to us" it's because we finished above other teams. I'm as angry as anybody at our pathetic team, and the rotten state of our club but I'm desperate to stay up. Anything could happen next season.

I know what you mean, but it comes across as a bit of a hollow cliché doesn't it, especially with what we see this season?

We could finish anywhere from bottom to being a Championship club based on just 90 minutes in May. Yeah, we've had a whole season to get ourselves into (or out) of this position, yet 90 minutes is ultimately the difference between bottom and survival. Seems kinda nuts. It's essentially a one-off round of fixtures that's depending a huge spread of scenarios, so it just... 

I get what you're saying, of course I do, but it doesn't quite sit right with me.

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

If this team isn't sent down today.

That a side as absolutely dreadful as us, even after a 6 point deduction, could potentially take this to the final game of the season is crazy.

I cannot believe how poor the bottom of this division has been.

Not an injustice really then is it if the other clubs have failed to put us to bed?

What are Derby's last 6 results? Maybe it is a bit of an injustice that we have had to deal with a points deduction this season and they haven't? 

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I know what you mean, but it comes across as a bit of a hollow cliché doesn't it, especially with what we see this season?

We could finish anywhere from bottom to being a Championship club based on just 90 minutes in May. Yeah, we've had a whole season to get ourselves into (or out) of this position, yet 90 minutes is ultimately the difference between bottom and survival. Seems kinda nuts. It's essentially a one-off round of fixtures that's depending a huge spread of scenarios, so it just... 

I get what you're saying, of course I do, but it doesn't quite sit right with me.

All the clubs involved have had a whole season to sort themselves...Doesn’t quite sit right... what a load of fo0kin rubbish 

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

If this team isn't sent down today.

That a side as absolutely dreadful as us, even after a 6 point deduction, could potentially take this to the final game of the season is crazy.

I cannot believe how poor the bottom of this division has been.

Well it wasn't today but the sooner the better cause we need a total re build starting with the manager. 

30 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Flip it around - if we stay up, other teams will have the embarrassment of going down at the hands of a team who had -6 points 

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

If we stay up it’s because it’s been handed to us. Make no mistake.

We can quite as easily finish bottom of the league, and that would be deserved. 

Not so Neon! The teams at the bottom at the end of a season deserve to be there. Sadly, we have taken more points than the others ( pre-deduction of course) and that alone indicates that we should not be in the relegation places! Such is the Wednesday way.

44 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

You could say that against any of the bottom 4

In fairness, all 4 deserve to go Down, 1 Club will get very lucky and stay up, Wycombe have extenuating circumstances in that they were never really expected to be anywhere near survival and have by far the lowest budget in the Division, Rotherham have extenuating circumstances in that they too had one of the lowest Budgets and have been hindered by having to play so many games at the end of the season, You could say both have put up a brave fight and have shown a lot of Fight and desire to get out of it. 

You then have us, some would say the 6 points are extenuating circumstances but that for me is rubbish, whenever we have had to show fight, Heart, Desire, commitment, bottle whatever you want to call it, we have failed miserably, as soon as we are faced with any pressure we crumble, the lack of Desire is completely unacceptable.

That leaves Derby another team with no excuses, they started poorly and looked a bad side, but mid season they had a bit of a decent run, 6 games since they looked safe, but since then they have shown the same lack of desire as us. 

Barring a miracle Wycombe will be looked at as very brave, plucky but ultimately not good enough and they just didn't adapt quickly enough to Championship football.

That leaves 3, of those 2 of them have shown no fight either all season or for most of it and Rotherham who have fought bravely but had an awful fixture congestion at the crunch end of the season, they probably of the 4 deserve to stay up, but you don't always get what you deserve in football.

Let's hope that that with our very last chance (if we even get another chance, depending on Rotherham) we actually turn up, play football, but more importantly show some fight and somehow get out of it, I won't be holding my breath, I expect us to find yet another way of imploding but Please Wednesday (players) at least be able to hold your heads up after the Final game and say you gave it everything, something you've not been able to say nearly every other game.

C'Mon Wednesday!!! 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

But if we win next week,our season has actually been 6 points better than  derbys. Its not just about that last game.  Mind you,I think Rotherham will send us both down