IF ONLY

This club always have been fully paid up members of the “Ifonli” tribe. It’s been a badly run enterprise since the days of Eric Taylor as far as I can remember, a succession of poor chairmen and boards with a total lack of vision and ambition. This time we had a real chance to get it right from top to bottom of the club but Chansiri sacked everyone in sight including Katrina Meire (is that right spelling...not sure).

So blown it again...and we are not getting rid of Chansiri any time soon. It’s not as though there aren’t models to follow in this lark, , Wolves, Villa, Leeds all surviving and looking like they have a plan to sustain there status.

I, and a good few others on here, despair!

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

the only good thing about last night is there is now a good chance of derby joining us in league 1 now. i get the feeling colin will send us down on saturday its just in the script im afraid 

That ain't a good thing, I'd rather Rotherham came down with us and not Derby, Derby will have a bit of money to spend and will be more of a threat to us. 

So many games we can look back on where we should have done better or held on to a lead but for me the games that really stand out are Rotherham doing the double over us, losing to Luton when 2 up at half time, Birmingham beating us and Wycombe getting their first win of the season against us. 

8 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

We'd  have hold on to beat Bristol things would be looking that bit better to say we have a possibility of avoiding the drop and if Rotherham hadn't got the games in hand we'd have had some chance still going into the last game Derby are currently  worse than us.

What a bleeding season hey? Talk about deflated sausage.

and if I hadn’t had toast for breakfast...

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

There are so many you could pick out but the Rotherham corner debacle and Bristol the other day are 2 that realistically could have made a big difference in our season as they wouldn't happen at Sunday league level.

Those 3 points will send us down.

Definitely. If Brown's corner had sailed over everyone and gone out for a goalkick, we'd be three points in front of Rotherham and a point closer to Derby and would have a fighting chance of staying up. 

• Like 1

The decision not to hire players that score goals on a frequent basis from all positions will always hold us back, not the mistakes we make in certain games, mistakes can be rectified by said players scoring the required goals to win those games.

Whilever you have the likes of pelupessy bannan reach harris paterson palmer hutchinson lees green you will NEVER get the required amount of goals it takes to be a competitive threat