The Run-In

Not had one of these for a while and I much prefer them at the other end.

HOME GAMES = UPPERCASE

away games = lower case.

Games against another team involved highlighted in yellow. If you think I’ve dropped one, let me know.

A86EF1AF-479B-4D2C-BA85-4B86871313B4.thumb.jpeg.e273fb3203c0152c90091138bc021640.jpeg

• Love 2
  • Thanks 4

Guest LondonOwl313

Looking at ours if we hit some form then those last 5 games an optimistic scenario would be 10 points from 5 games against inconsistent teams who won’t have much to play for. 

So to have a chance we’re going to need at least 6 points, if not 8 points, from the next 4. QPR is a winnable game.. but we need to shock some of the others to have any chance. Watford looking very good now too so can’t see anything there. If we don’t pick up at least 6 from the next 4 we’re already down, maybe even mathematically so

34 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

we seem to have the worse run in

We do, but football isn’t played on an excel spreadsheet with pretty colours.  

If we put in the same performance as yesterday, maybe with a couple of tweaks to the starting line up, then we can give anyone a game on our day.  

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Which means we’ll pick up more points than expected. I think Preston are one who could get dragged in, having the kind of run we had this time last year.

Guest Andy W
1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

My gut feeling was always Wycombe, us and Birmingham to go down. Now I’ve see the detailed fixture list above I think that it’s Wycombe, us and Birmingham to go down. 

Us and wycombe beyond question are down, I think rotherham will just about survive

Guest Andy W
19 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

We do, but football isn’t played on an excel spreadsheet with pretty colours.  

If we put in the same performance as yesterday, maybe with a couple of tweaks to the starting line up, then we can give anyone a game on our day.  

Nope I don't think we can...but blind optimism is fun to see

Guest Andy W
Just now, Owls-Fan said:

Really? So what happened yesterday then, on our day.. 

1 day in the last 9, thats what me duck

4 minutes ago, Andy W said:

1 day in the last 9, thats what me duck

Right okay,  hopefully this message gets back to the team not to bother to keep improving under a new manager then.  They nearly wasted everyone’s time for a moment.  

• Thanks 1

Still think we are down tbh ...but if some how a miracle was to happen the final game v Derby could be interesting, more likely we will be down by the time we play them but could put a nail in their coffin should they also fall to bits.

I think Rotherham will survive ( hope they don't though) and one of Birmingham or Coventry will drop.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Right okay,  hopefully this message gets back to the team not to bother to keep improving under a new manager then.  They nearly wasted everyone’s time for a moment.  

To be fair I think his feelings and views are shared by many, me included. Way too late to turn things around, hope I'm wrong. The improving performances should have been against the teams around us when we lost....thats what's cost us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

Not necessarily. We are playing a few mid table teams and that can only be a good thing in a run-in. Rotherham have 3 games against teams down the bottom which could be tough. I still think we will go down though.

44 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

To be fair I think his feelings and views are shared by many, me included. Way too late to turn things around, hope I'm wrong. The improving performances should have been against the teams around us when we lost....thats what's cost us. 

Yes I also think we’re going down.  My comment above was about how we have tough looking fixtures but like yesterday, away to an inform playoff side unbeaten in 12 games, we played well and deservedly won the game.  

But someone replied and disagreed with the fact that I was saying we can give anyone a game on our day.  Which is their right, it’s all about opinions at the end of the day.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1