The Run-In

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

If we win our game in hand and are 3 points behind Birmingham then I'll start having a stiffy. Would be 5 points behind Derby too. 

If Coventry lose their game in hand as well then it might even go full stiffy. 

Saucy bugger

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes I also think we’re going down.  My comment above was about how we have tough looking fixtures but like yesterday, away to an inform playoff side unbeaten in 12 games, we played well and deservedly won the game.  

But someone replied and disagreed with the fact that I was saying we can give anyone a game on our day.  Which is their right, it’s all about opinions at the end of the day.  

Agreed,  we’ve left it too late but let’s go out and ruffle some feathers on our way down like we did yesterday.  As Westy said as a club, we want to go down with a fight. Give those teams above us something to worry about, don’t make it easy for them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very slim chance on staying up but to stand any chance we would have to get five / six points from the next 3 games .

That would give us some momentum going into the rest which are on paper easier apart from Swansea away 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

We do, but football isn’t played on an excel spreadsheet with pretty colours.  

If we put in the same performance as yesterday, maybe with a couple of tweaks to the starting line up, then we can give anyone a game on our day.  

I see HOPE the destroyer rearing its ugly head!  Good for you Owls-Fan! 
Play up The Wednesday!

16 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Looking at ours if we hit some form then those last 5 games an optimistic scenario would be 10 points from 5 games against inconsistent teams who won’t have much to play for. 

So to have a chance we’re going to need at least 6 points, if not 8 points, from the next 4. QPR is a winnable game.. but we need to shock some of the others to have any chance. Watford looking very good now too so can’t see anything there. If we don’t pick up at least 6 from the next 4 we’re already down, maybe even mathematically so

I think we’ll beat QPR, Bristol City, Blackburn, Boro and Forest if he keeps faith with the new line-up. 

But we also need to get bits and pieces from the tougher three games.

Then a grand finale at Derby, who look like they could be in deep trouble if their fans opinion of Rooney is accurate.

• Haha 1

Guest Andy W
16 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Right okay,  hopefully this message gets back to the team not to bother to keep improving under a new manager then.  They nearly wasted everyone’s time for a moment.  

I hope so but if you could arrange it that would help

Thanks for a great debate

Probably need approx 15pts to give us a chance

so 5 wins from 9 

Or 4 wins 3 draws 

Certainly not impossible, if we can show same level of fight , determination etc we did against Barnsley  then it’s on.

I do have a bad feeling it will go to the last day but hopefully that doesn’t happen and we’ve won 8 in a row to keep us up lol 

• Haha 1

Bar the Watford game, they are all winnable games...but then we are talking about us.

I just think that too much will need to go right for us to stop up tbh.

Having to square off against the likes of Colin and Mad Mick is far from ideal too. Managers who usually do well against us.

19 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

We do, but football isn’t played on an excel spreadsheet with pretty colours.  

If we put in the same performance as yesterday, maybe with a couple of tweaks to the starting line up, then we can give anyone a game on our day.  

what tweaks to the starting line up would you make ? genuine question 

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

The thing is I'd given up before Saturday, now I'm just staring at the fixtures ffs

:duntmatter:

Same here, I couldn't have given less of a poo about the recent results - I felt nothing after the Reading and Norwich games. Now suddenly we get a win I'm looking at fixtures, form tables, other teams around us run-ins

It's the hope that kills you, incredible what a win does to you even after you thought you'd given up. Was saying this was one of the worst Wednesday teams we've had in years but yet here I am convincing myself we can beat Watford  lol 

• Haha 2

I admire some of the optimism in this thread, but don't get your hopes up. 

50 points the likely target to stay up and we aren't winning 6 out of 9 games, especially as we've Watford and Cardiff up next and our game in hand is Swansea. 

Great result at Barnsley, nice to still be mathematically in with a shout, but let's not get giddy.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

When fit I’d have Luongo and Green starting ahead of Paterson and Reach 

Agree about Luongo but doubt will see him again this season even if at all again 

Reach is a passenger , not seen Green 

Paterson seems to have  nuisance value and has scored a few albeit at wrong end v Udds !