The Run-In

Given their relativley small squad and fixture pile up, including plenty of six pointers I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up bottom of the pile.

They have a horrific schedule ahead.

Sadly, as S36 says they have Coventry and Birmingham in there, as we could do with them getting dragged into the mix.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I agree, I think these games will actually do for us unless they're both draws.

Wins for any of the teams nails us. Like you say, we need draws on both games. 

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Given their relativley small squad and fixture pile up, including plenty of six pointers I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up bottom of the pile.

They have a horrific schedule ahead.

Sadly, as S36 says they have Coventry and Birmingham in there, as we could do with them getting dragged into the mix.

If Rotherham win both it pulls them up into that pack who are 7pts clear and leaves us marooned with Wycombe. If they lose both games the pack are put of reach and the bottom three are done for. 

Anything apart from two draws and we are finished. 

Another update after noticing a couple of games have been put back 24 hours to Sunday 18th which will help put pressure on them if we can win.

Sadly I also had Huddersfield down as being away to Bournemouth but they are at home ffs.

226CA5B2-A4FF-453B-9A24-B5C7C7800F54.thumb.jpeg.e20d4318ca411d8ac9092efe9c941dfe.jpeg

Its a big IF but if we can win the next 2 games there is a good chance that we will be 2 points behind Derby. Its then a case of matching their results to the end of the season and beating them on the last day... Simples!!! 🤣

Rotherham have got a mountain to climb, thats a lot of fixtures with a paper thin squad

Edited by Blue_&_white_wizards

3 hours ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Its a big IF but if we can win the next 2 games there is a good chance that we will be 2 points behind Derby. Its then a case of matching their results to the end of the season and beating them on the last day... Simples!!! 🤣

Rotherham have got a mountain to climb, thats a lot of fixtures with a paper thin squad

Ssid in another thread,  chase Down Derby with the aim of being within 3 points going into the last game. If we can finish above Derby, we give ourselves a chance! Big ask and most unlikely but you never know!

Derby have Norwich at home on Saturday so that's difficult then 2 away games at Blackburn and Preston.

In that time we have QPR away and then home games against Swansea, Bristol C and Blackburn.

Anything could happen, please God let us go on a good run.

6 hours ago, 83owl said:

Challenge what?

Playoffs. It's a weight on players backs in ways and maybe affects performances apart from effort which should be a must. Staying up would be huge confidence booster fir next season.. If. 

On 22/03/2021 at 11:29, Worksop Wednesday said:

be interesting to hear thoughts of fans from millers. brum etc 

wander if they have 'bigger downers' on their lot than we do on ours ?

Hi, Blues fan here in peace , I have heard people say that it is possible that certain results are season changing,  I reckon your win over Cardiff and Rotherham's result against Wycombe will be just that. So for what its worth I think Rotherham have too much to do and will join Wycombe, and hopefully 'Wayne Rooney's' Derby will make up the three. 

Looking at all the remaining fixtures, with the exception of Rotherham who play us, Huddersfield and Coventry we all have a similar run in of relatively winnable games.

I'm hoping our new manager bounce will extend for another couple of games, I think your man is a fighter and you will have enough quality to pull clear.

KRO

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

Derby have Norwich at home on Saturday so that's difficult then 2 away games at Blackburn and Preston.

In that time we have QPR away and then home games against Swansea, Bristol C and Blackburn.

Anything could happen, please God let us go on a good run.

Yes we have to win the next 3 games, that’s a given.  But we also need one or two of Huddersfield, Derby, Coventry and Brum to only get 1 point from their next 3 games. Looking at their fixtures and form that’s a possibility.   We would be very unlucky to win the next 3 games and not be within touching distance of 21st place in my opinion 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We need to get to 49 points to have any chance. 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat from 7 games. It would take a drastic upturn in form for this to happen. Whilst Monday was brilliant and our best performance in years, don’t be fooled! 

Not a massive upturn,  we’re on a run of 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat (against the second best team in the league) in the past 4 games. That’s 7 points out of 12 available.  Or 1.75 points per game.  Keep the current form going and we’d have 47 points. So only 2 points shy of the target, which isn’t a massive upturn? 

Apart from Birmingham who are now out of it every single result went for us. I said in the match day thread that I might even have taken this situation before 3 o’clock.

Not over yet, just need 3 straight home wins.

F5E37472-4B70-47B4-8605-034AAAC63D0F.thumb.jpeg.acff79565598167cc61c08a8e651e06e.jpeg

Edited by BIG D
  • Haha 2