Players names on shirts

15 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Unpopular opinion but I find it so cringy when full grown adults wear football tops at matches 

Each to their own innit

Some people cringe when they see a load of sheep all wearing burberry scarves and skeggy market stone island clobber

lol

Live and let live

Owlstalk Shop

I always liked being a bit different when younger gettinh the more obscure players or next big thing got Hargreaves on my England shirt think about 2002. The woman in JJB had never heard of him,  at least out gave get a break from putting Beckham constantly on shirts.

Got De Bildeon my Wednesday shirt 99-00. After the De Bilde poor judgement I tended to get my surname name on Wednesday shirts but stopped when I was about 16.

Think I’ve had Buxton on a shirt before. Possibly Reda Johnson too.

Always had a thing for full backs.

Also had Sturrock #1 on the back of the black away shirt? But they didn’t have any full sized 1’s so they printed with a shorts #1

Looked odd.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Interesting bit of football history involving Wednesday.  The first ever official competitive match in England that players had names on their shirts was the 1993 FACup final. 

Edited by Mickjj

7 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

Interesting bit of football history involving Wednesday.  The first ever official competitive match in England that players had names on their shirts was the 1993 FACup final. 

FA cup final in 1993 was not the first, it was the 1993 league cup final

https://museumofjerseys.com/2021/01/09/sheffield-wednesday-sponsorship-shenanigans/

Wife got me this for Christmas from Terrace Gear. £35 compared to £60 which the home top was at the time.

I'm not giving DC another penny of my money, especially when it has the name of the man I hate emblazend across it  

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210309-231808.thumb.png.38019efab9f6a99b8e87efaf3d9d124b.png

On 07/03/2021 at 08:57, glynnb said:

Good quiz question( not Wednesday related), which players had the same name on the front and back of their shirts?

Wednesday had one, I believe:

Viv Anderson (Sanderson)

Was Ian Walker at Leicester when they were sponsored by Walkers Crisps?

• Like 1

On 07/03/2021 at 00:13, Lord Snooty said:

I remember him saving an injured bird that ended up on the pitch.

Only thing I ever did see him save. 

But could tell the chap really cared about our avian friends. 

Was that a cup game v Hartlepool by any chance? If so that bird was flying around the south stand and decided the poo on me lol. Didn't bring me much luck though we lost on penalties lol