• Paterson
    • Bannan
    • Windass
    • Penney
    • Marriott
    • Rhodes
    • Pelupessy

22 minutes ago, modboy said:

So bad walked to the recycling centre at Asda after the penalty. Managed to drop some glass and it went everywhere. No way was I forcing myself to watch the remaining hour etc 

Picking the broken glass up with your tongue would have been more enjoyable than watching the remaining hour.

• Haha 3

Even if we had not lost Borner we would have found a way to lose...it's like the golfer on a par three over water...don't hit it in the water, don't hit it in the water. Don't h...splash! You need mental courage to change things around as DM said...that's not going to change over night

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SiJ said:

Quite. 

Regarding the late payment of wages: 

Remember what the Wigan players did last season when they weren't getting paid and the club was on the brink of and eventually going into administration? 

They pulled themselves together, went on a remarkable run and were only relegated due to the points deduction kicking in. 

Compare their efforts with ours. 

The off field stuff is shambolic, but it is not an excuse for the pathetic efforts of these so-called professional players. 

Quite right Re Wigan and ditto Bury the season before. Not being paid at all (rather than late) and Ryan Lowe got them promoted ffs. Our lot seem to have just rapped their hand in and they’re pretty much getting away with it, mainly due to lack of crowds. I feel sorry for Darren Moore,  but can only assume that DC has given him certain guarantees, regardless of the (seemingly inevitable) outcome this season. 

Voted for Shaw who I thought did ok. 

Game was over soon as penalty was given and Borner received red card. 

We never come back from going behind with 11 men on pitch so haven't got a prayer with 10. 

Up to that point we was doing ok in an even game, could have been in front from Tom Lees header. Without doubt the red card and penalty was turning point. Our own fault for giving ball away stupidly in middle of park. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LetsMoveOn said:

What a moment in our history we are facing.

If this chairman somehow manages to remain at our club, we will no doubt be liquidated eventually.

But will we attract a buyer? Will somebody out there see our potential? It’s a nervous time for the fans. All that is left is to hope & pray for somebody to buy us 😔

Get the Arctic monkeys to buy us. I’m sure that a prince would want to buy us anyway. 😐

Simply not good enough when it comes to passing, creating chances, working off the ball and out-and-out ball skills.

The opposition always looks more comfortable on the ball - we just hoof it, conflating "long ball pass" with "long ball hope and anywhere".

Whilst you can make up lack of skill with other attributes, like pressing the opposition, determination and desire,unlike, say, Rotherham, who look like a gang of lads in a park kickabout but they chase, harry and upset the opposition, making up for the absence of silky skills and flowing football.

Anyone who has watched us over the last few seasons knows that passing about at the back will cost us the game. Joss found a winning formula at the end of his first season playing Nuhiu, FF and Joao as an attacking formation.

I don't know what happened in the close season but we came back and we tried playing out from the back, it  was a disaster with better players than we have now.

Moore has either been given a remit that we must play that way, was unaware of the Joss failure or simply had better players at Donny and thought it would work here.

I badly want him to succeed but he will not win many games if he sticks with passing it around at the back.

MoM Urgohide was the best of a bad bunch and did put a lovely cross in.

21 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Anyone who has watched us over the last few seasons knows that passing about at the back will cost us the game. Joss found a winning formula at the end of his first season playing Nuhiu, FF and Joao as an attacking formation.

I don't know what happened in the close season but we came back and we tried playing out from the back, it  was a disaster with better players than we have now.

Moore has either been given a remit that we must play that way, was unaware of the Joss failure or simply had better players at Donny and thought it would work here.

I badly want him to succeed but he will not win many games if he sticks with passing it around at the back.

MoM Urgohide was the best of a bad bunch and did put a lovely cross in.

Problem is - if we go long we don’t have the ability to retain the ball up the pitch. 

No more Nuhiu & Joao who can make it stick. Patterson and Windass don’t possess anywhere near the same qualities 

34 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Problem is - if we go long we don’t have the ability to retain the ball up the pitch. 

No more Nuhiu & Joao who can make it stick. Patterson and Windass don’t possess anywhere near the same qualities 

Yeah I agree we don't have a player who can hold up the ball. Just another example of our appalling recruitment policy if that is how we want to play.

Most teams don't have a target man, they play the ball quickly through midfield and through the channels.

4 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Yeah I agree we don't have a player who can hold up the ball. Just another example of our appalling recruitment policy if that is how we want to play.

Most teams don't have a target man, they play the ball quickly through midfield and through the channels.

I think it’s because we don’t have inward wingers who have the ability on the ball to be able to join in with the play.

Harris & Reach just hog the touchline and that’s it 

Had to leave it a couple of days while my brain just said lallallalla... whenever I started thinking about football, because I was just so disgusted with the way yet another player decided that he was more important than the team and took matters into his own hands without using his brain. Since we have been in such a mess, the stupid sendings off seemed to have dried up, yet Hutchinson and now Borner have given the referee no option, other than to send them off, for not making valid attempts to win the ball. I do not believe that the Shaw sending off was something the referee had to, but the second tackle was not really necessary, whether it was a yellow card or not and the first yellow card shown to Shaw should have been given the other way, as Shaw won the ball without touching the other player, but that is a separate topic.

I felt that we had an uphill struggle before the game, but as the game was being played, we actually matched Reading and had more chances than them, up until the sending off. After that it was a very professional display from Reading, wearing us down and capitalising on our new shape, every little mistake and excellent finishing.

Player wise I thought that Windass had his best game for us, contributing lots of good play and just doing a little bit more than Tom Lees and Urhoghide, who were also contenders and to be fair probably deserved to share the honours with Windass, because nobody really stood out for us.

Windass, Lees, Urhoghide - 6

Borner - 3

Everybody else - 5