The Cult of Megson Lives on at Hillsborough

The thing is, the reason we're going down is because we lack the main Megsonian ingredient, bottle

We're no worse than the other bottom teams who'll survive, but they've got more fight.

For it will be the reverses against them which will ultimately relegate us.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2021 at 10:16, Ronnie Starling said:

I find the negativity associated with marvelous Megson a bit strange considering the very successful spells he had with us, both as a player and as a manager. Some of the players that have been given similar levels of fan loyalty recently do not even begin to compare to him in any respect. In his first spell he only missed 3 games, in total over three years and his hard tackling, link up play, goals and leadership qualities were appreciated by his teammates, managers and fans alike. I remember all those times very fondly.

The interview gives a good insight into Darren's progress as a budding coach and I am surprised that those fans of ours that are so obsessed with all things ginger, have not picked up on the fact that the ex Sheffield Wednesday player that was Darren moore's first assistant manager was none other than Wayne Jacobs. As a proud ginger myself I see the free for all against all people of a ginger persuasion as a permanent reminder of people's prejudices and I only wish that players would take a stance against gingerism in a similar way to the constant anti-racism incentives that have been trotted out constantly in the football world, one after the other since I was a young sandy haired lad in the seventies. People of all colours and ethnicity seem to think we Jinners are fair game and that the rules that should apply to them, and every other minority, do not for some reason apply to, "Jinners".

Anyway, back to the football, the cult of Megson will always be strong at Hillsborough, because the Megsons and everything that strived for are very much part of Sheffield Wednesday eching everything that the club used to stand for, Consilio et Animis!

BTW, has DM taken the players up the back of the Kop yet? (Maybe more effective when the fans are back next season?).

garymegsonlolWTF:

• Thanks 1

On 02/03/2021 at 11:16, S25OWL said:

I wonder if he did speak to Megson before taking the job ?

In the gospel according to Gary, it is said that they used to chat after WBA games about how, if he was lucky, one bright sunny day, when the world was in need of a lift, if Darren did all that was required of him, he might receive the call and be offered the chance to get to the pinnacle of footballing achievement and be allowed to enter the hallowed halls of Hillsborough, as the new leader of the Owls. After all it is foreseen that Wednesday would again see greatness and boy oh boy would it be massive.

Consilio et animis, UTO!

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I find the negativity associated with marvelous Megson a bit strange considering the very successful spells he had with us, both as a player and as a manager. Some of the players that have been given similar levels of fan loyalty recently do not even begin to compare to him in any respect. In his first spell he only missed 3 games, in total over three years and his hard tackling, link up play, goals and leadership qualities were appreciated by his teammates, managers and fans alike. I remember all those times very fondly.

The interview gives a good insight into Darren's progress as a budding coach and I am surprised that those fans of ours that are so obsessed with all things ginger, have not picked up on the fact that the ex Sheffield Wednesday player that was Darren moore's first assistant manager was none other than Wayne Jacobs. As a proud ginger myself I see the free for all against all people of a ginger persuasion as a permanent reminder of people's prejudices and I only wish that players would take a stance against gingerism in a similar way to the constant anti-racism incentives that have been trotted out constantly in the football world, one after the other since I was a young sandy haired lad in the seventies. People of all colours and ethnicity seem to think we Jinners are fair game and that the rules that should apply to them, and every other minority, do not for some reason apply to, "Jinners".

Anyway, back to the football, the cult of Megson will always be strong at Hillsborough, because the Megsons and everything that strived for are very much part of Sheffield Wednesday eching everything that the club used to stand for, Consilio et Animis!

BTW, has DM taken the players up the back of the Kop yet? (Maybe more effective when the fans are back next season?).

garymegsonlolWTF:

It’s not at dislike of Megson; it’s a dislike of how he’s constantly obsessed about by a certain few on here. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

garymegson

Not SWFC related (thankfully)  But... Hey doubled -  Edmonton OIlers fan here!!   Ready for the 3rd game tonight?   Hoping Connor and Leon can get on the scoreboard tonight...  heck any Oiler would be great tbh...   Leafs look fantastic this year WOW

9 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Not SWFC related (thankfully)  But... Hey doubled -  Edmonton OIlers fan here!!   Ready for the 3rd game tonight?   Hoping Connor and Leon can get on the scoreboard tonight...  heck any Oiler would be great tbh...   Leafs look fantastic this year WOW

Leafs playing reall well m8. Should be a great game.

• Like 1