Nigel Pearson takes the Bristol City manager job till the end of the season

3 hours ago, Hedwig said:

Proably, but the real question is do they want to ?

The simple answer is no - look at other managers - Allardyce / McCarthy / Hodgson.

All in the game still at 60+years old and easily able to afford to retire - becuase they love it.

You could add the much loved Colin to that list - football is in their blood and always will be 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yep.

Why would anyone half decent go near it?

There's no money, a crap squad, a useless, deranged owner and a dodgy adviser pulling strings.

Oh, and if you do get sacked, the chairman will go to the press and tell everyone about how unprofessional you are.

And you might add that Chansiri also bad mouthed Paul Cook for merely commenting that he had had contact from SWFC (presumably Alonso).

I think you have hit the nail on the head when you say "deranged".

Guest Hornsby
7 hours ago, Manwë said:

Yep, I worked in Bristol for a year and it's definitely got a greater buzz about the City, more so than say Sheffield.  I think having water nearby just helps a city regardless of other things, whereas Sheffield's rivers are quite well hidden from the public.  

The SS Great Britain, their two universities,  Clifton Suspension Bridge, their position on the M4 Corridor,  the investment around the docks and harbour, their aerospace and defence sector around Filton, and their really good access to Bath in around 15 minutes, and London in 1hr 30,  Devon, Cornwall and SW Wales.  Oh, and  they have a really good small airport  just outside the city, with regular flights to places you might want to go to.  

Bristol is regional capital. Sheffield is a border city and they struggle.

9 hours ago, Hedwig said:

Not criticism - it's true - certainly on the Hughton part..

Is Howe doing any pundit work or drawing a wage from somewhere else ?

If the answeer is no, the money will eventually start to dry up and will make his re-assess his stance?

The man’s a multi millionaire who doesn’t have to work again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Which makes money totally irrelevant ♥️

Clearly I don’t know the specifics of any managers bank balance or outgoings but there is a big difference between being able to retire  because you’ve got a nice amount of savings and keeping working in order to maintain an extravagant lifestyle and indeed put a bit more in the savings pot!

I’m sure money motivates these people same as it does many other people. 

I am disappointed Pearson isn’t coming here even if it’s just short term. He’s a very good coach and has been in many similar scraps to the one we in. I’ve seen his sides play fantastic football against us and although I think keeping us up would be too hard a task from here it would at least be a fun ride!

Nigel Pearson won't come here, has been linked many times before , you'd think with him being the league cup winning captain etc , still living here , he'd consider it but there's absolutely no chance while this idiot is in charge.