Nigel Pearson takes the Bristol City manager job till the end of the season

Just now, Hedwig said:

Proably, but the real question is do they want to ?

The simple answer is no - look at other managers - Allardyce / McCarthy / Hodgson.

All in the game still at 60+years old and easily able to afford to retire - becuase they love it.

So money doesn't come into it then

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

Not criticism - it's true - certainly on the Hughton part..

Is Howe doing any pundit work or drawing a wage from somewhere else ?

If the answeer is no, the money will eventually start to dry up and will make his re-assess his stance?

When and if Bournemouth get back in the Premier league. Eddie Howe will return to be their manager once again.

Bristol are a club that continually invests in the club itself.  I've been going since Proudlock got his hat trick there, and the stadium and facilities are a million times better now than those days.  Ashton Gate is a tidy stadium.

Genuine backers, a fan who owns the club, they've doubled the gates over the years, and become a better and my more established side.

I suspect Pearson will be listened to and taken seriously at Bristol, whereas here he'd be a dogsbody for the chairman's latest wacky plan.

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
42 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

Not criticism - it's true - certainly on the Hughton part..

Is Howe doing any pundit work or drawing a wage from somewhere else ?

If the answeer is no, the money will eventually start to dry up and will make his re-assess his stance?

He’s been on match of the day quite recently.. he’s not getting a PL job though is he.

Looking at the table the top 13 either are nowhere near sacking a manager or of the ones that might he wouldn’t be close to consideration.

Of the bottom 7, Utd and WBA won’t be PL teams much longer.. Potter and Parker are probably secure in their roles too. Basically leaves Palace or Newcastle.. or replace Dyche at Burnley if he chose to leave but he’s already failed there and complained about homesickness.

Hardly any chance of getting a PL job

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Bristol are a club that continually invests in the club itself.  I've been going since Proudlock got his hat trick there, and the stadium and facilities are a million times better now than those days.  Ashton Gate is a tidy stadium.

Genuine backers, a fan who owns the club, they've doubled the gates over the years, and become a better and my more established side.

I suspect Pearson will be listened to and taken seriously at Bristol, whereas here he'd be a dogsbody for the chairman's latest wacky plan.

Bristol is a city on the up too.

I live and work in East London, a lot of the trendies and "shoreditch beard" types are moving out of places like Hackney, Shoreditch & Stoke Newington and making their way over to Bristol.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

No decent manager will work under Chansiri. 

Only a manager linked with Paixao will come. And that manager will probably not really have heard of us as a club but will come because the job centre have thrown him an application. 

There's no doubts in my mind that most managers in the country know it's career suicide here. 

Bingo, we have a winner ladies and gents 

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Only a manager linked with Paixao will come. And that manager will probably not really have heard of us as a club but will come because the job centre have thrown him an application. 

There's no doubts in my mind that most managers in the country know it's career suicide here. 

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. 

The only thing I would add is that a young manager who lacks the profile to walk into a job (Lampard or Gerrard for example) may take a chance on us to get their foot on the managerial ladder. 

29 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Bristol is a city on the up too.

I live and work in East London, a lot of the trendies and "shoreditch beard" types are moving out of places like Hackney, Shoreditch & Stoke Newington and making their way over to Bristol.

Yep, I worked in Bristol for a year and it's definitely got a greater buzz about the City, more so than say Sheffield.  I think having water nearby just helps a city regardless of other things, whereas Sheffield's rivers are quite well hidden from the public.  

The SS Great Britain, their two universities,  Clifton Suspension Bridge, their position on the M4 Corridor,  the investment around the docks and harbour, their aerospace and defence sector around Filton, and their really good access to Bath in around 15 minutes, and London in 1hr 30,  Devon, Cornwall and SW Wales.  Oh, and  they have a really good small airport  just outside the city, with regular flights to places you might want to go to.  

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yep.

Why would anyone half decent go near it?

There's no money, a crap squad, a useless, deranged owner and a dodgy adviser pulling strings.

Oh, and if you do get sacked, the chairman will go to the press and tell everyone about how unprofessional you are.