BREAKING - Barry Bannan signs new contract till 2023

18 hours ago, room0035 said:

Liam Shaw wants to play for the club but the chairman does not rate him as he has not bothered to offer him a worthwhile contract.

Presumably he would have accepted less than 25% of what Bannan is on.

I bet in 2 seasons time Shaw is worth a lot more than 25% of Bannan's value

its simply crazy if we cant have offered shaw a deal where it could improve with games and performances , like ive said we need to drive paxo out of our club, he is the man who is running the club and suppose to know the football/business side . you have to treat players like assets and as an asset he could make the club millions as well if he progresses . sometimes you have to forget chansiri because the man aint a clue, but the man what should have a clue paxo is destroying this club and has been since 2015/16 when his advise was to give loovens a 3 year deal nuhiu 3years david jones 3 years ,simply no club in the world would have offered any of those players 3 year deals based on age/ injury record or performances. there are loads more deals we have done where none made sense too. i cant imagine the abuse paxo would be getting if fans were there . regards chansiri though he is funding the club to exist whether he is a stubborn fool or not and same with other clubs if the owners run out of money its bye bye there club. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreeing/Disagreeing with people on subjects is fine/normal

Calling people names isn't - that's just being orrible to another human 

No problem,  I can only assume it's with reference to Mr Bannon,  as I haven't called anyone else anything,  I  hope you have also made it clear to people who have reacted to my posts in the same way!

I can handle what people call me but to defend a person who probably doesn't use this site to one that does, feels slightly unjust. 

Just now, daleblue said:

No problem,  I can only assume it's with reference to Mr Bannon,  as I haven't called anyone else anything,  I  hope you have also made it clear to people who have reacted to my posts in the same way!

I can handle what people call me but to defend a person who probably doesn't use this site to one that does, feels slightly unjust. 

I've said all I need to say really

Owlstalk Shop

18 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

How does he care more?

barry bannan  could have gone elsewhere on the same money/contract im sure but he likes it here and is settled and im saying that and im not his biggest fan. the biggest problem in our club without a doubt is paxio he must have some kind of hold or stake in the club as what other business would keep a chief executive(because thats what in effect he is) with his absolutely appalling advise in the last 5/6 years. im sure liam shaw could leak something regards the situation without him been in trouble ie has chansiri only offered him a very poor offer to stay?. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

If Bannan doesn't sign a new deal then those moaning now would be going on about how it was a sign of where the club is and how we can't keep our best players etc.

There's so much wrong with the club right now, but this is some good positive news.

I don't think it does,  we as a Club are standing still,  we need momentum,  we need fresh players, signing Bannon is not the answer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I suppose so. It’s just the timing of it I guess. A day after losing Shaw. That’s where my frustration is coming from. Would much rather we’d sorted Shaw out than Bannan who isn’t going to improve or make us money in the future. 

I think this is where we’ve gone wrong over the years. These type of deals for players heading towards the end of their career. Would much rather we’d cashed in on Bannan last year or the year before and reinvested in a younger more mobile player with his best games ahead of him. That is completely possible, Bannan is class but not irreplaceable. 

Bannan is hugely important to us and irreplaceable on the budget we are likely to be working on.

Shaw is a young player with potential who may or may not make the grade.

Although losing Shaw is hugely disappointing, retaining Bannan is actually a much bigger deal in terms of our success over the next couple of seasons.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I don't think it does,  we as a Club are standing still,  we need momentum,  we need fresh players, signing Bannon is not the answer. 

What is this obsession with signing 'fresh' players? 

We've signed plenty of them over the last 2 or 3 seasons and they have mainly been dross and much worse than the 'non fresh' ones.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

What is this obsession with signing 'fresh' players? 

We've signed plenty of them over the last 2 or 3 seasons and they have mainly been dross and much worse than the 'non fresh' ones.

It's not the dross I want, it's fresh players, if they're gash that's the fault of whoever's buying,  new players without being dross is what I want.

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

It's not the dross I want, it's fresh players, if they're gash that's the fault of whoever's buying,  new players without being dross is what I want.

Easy to say, difficult to achieve. As the last few seasons have illustrated.

Fresh isnt always better. If you have good players that want to stay, keep them. We'll have plenty of space in the squad for new recruits as well. 

7 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Easy to say, difficult to achieve. As the last few seasons have illustrated.

Fresh isnt always better. If you have good players that want to stay, keep them. We'll have plenty of space in the squad for new recruits as well. 

I appreciate it's difficult,  but to progress we need to get our recruitment right, I'm all for keeping players who can make a difference,  but I don't think at the moment we have any, none to  build a team around.

Young dynamic and something to prove, it's not beyond realisation if recruitment is right.

19 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I appreciate it's difficult,  but to progress we need to get our recruitment right, I'm all for keeping players who can make a difference,  but I don't think at the moment we have any, none to  build a team around.

Idk about that. Bannan is a really good player, he has his weaknesses but lbh the rest of the team ain't up to his standards.

He's arguably the best passer of the ball we have had since Sheridan and definitely the best since we left the PL.

Build a team with similar quality and we have a play off team, at the minute we don't have many (if any) the same standard.

The problem we have always had is building a team to accommodate him, we've never done it.

Just now, Bluewings said:

Idk about that. Bannan is a really good player, he has his weaknesses but lbh the rest of the team ain't up to his standards.

He's arguably the best passer of the ball we have had since Sheridan and definitely the best since we left the PL.

Build a team with similar quality and we have a play off team, at the minute we don't have many (if any) the same standard.

The problem we have always had is building a team to accommodate him, we've never done it.

You can't build a team around Bannon, he's too old. 

We need to be aiming at a younger squad.