Leicester 🦊

Kopparberg

I find it amazing how well they’ve done... 

Winning the league is amazing enough 

Then to be at the level they have been since. 

Rodgers, the players, the smart signings, being good to watch. 

I’m sure plenty expect them to drop back down to struggling after their unexpected League trophy. 

Incredibly well run club. Their signings and recruitment put some of the traditional top 6 to shame.

Tielemens, Maddison, Ndidi, Fofana, Soyuncu, Ricardo would all be comfortable in most top Prem sides. Fantastic business.

Not to forget Vardy those years back. Pound for pound the best signing in English football ever. 

11 minutes ago, Django said:

Doesn’t seem that long ago that we pretty much sent them down to league 1 a few years back. Since then they haven’t put a foot wrong. Amazingly well run club 

Amazing isn’t it.... maybe there’s hope for us somewhere. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Incredibly well run club. Their signings and recruitment put some of the traditional top 6 to shame.

Tielemens, Maddison, Ndidi, Fofana, Soyuncu, Ricardo, HIRST, would all be comfortable in most top Prem sides. Fantastic business.

Not to forget Vardy those years back. Pound for pound the best signing in English football ever. 

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

9 hours ago, Django said:

They got promoted spending a fraction of what DC has in our attempts 

They also played fast and loose with the FFP rules and were later fined £3.1 million. They're not the only club to have taken that route, but there you go. Going back a bit, they went into administration in 2002 after getting relegated from the Premier League. At the time, there was no punishment for doing so, and they got promoted. (To be fair to them, they might well have gone up anyway as they finished 12 points clear of 3rd place.) That same season, another team recently relegated from the Premier League did not go into administration, and got relegated again. I'd still rather have them than any of the 'big' teams win a trophy though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sova said:

They also played fast and loose with the FFP rules and were later fined £3.1 million. They're not the only club to have taken that route, but there you go. Going back a bit, they went into administration in 2002 after getting relegated from the Premier League. At the time, there was no punishment for doing so, and they got promoted. (To be fair to them, they might well have gone up anyway as they finished 12 points clear of 3rd place.) That same season, another team recently relegated from the Premier League did not go into administration, and got relegated again. I'd still rather have them than any of the 'big' teams win a trophy though.

I’ve no problem with clubs spending money. Wolves did it and did it properly (building a PL side in the championship) If you want success in football you have to spend money 

Just now, Django said:

I’ve no problem with clubs spending money. Wolves did it and did it properly (building a PL side in the championship) If you want success in football you have to spend money 

Sure. And you can't compare what Wolves and Leicester did with the financial doping practised by Chelsea and Man City, for example. 

3 hours ago, Sova said:

Also iirc been in admin twice