Achraf laazar

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Very injury prone. Imo not a risk we should take. 

What risk. Make an offer to the end of the season. Low wage topped up with appearance fee. If he wants more than we offer walk away. There's always a deal to be done on our terms or walk away. It cost nothing to talk.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Ok. Humour me. As a left back I’d say Ashley Cole was brilliant, Stuart Pierce was brilliant, Paulo Maldini was brilliant. On that scale I wouldn’t rate Lazaar higher than average. In the context of Wednesday I’d say Worthington was brilliant, King was brilliant.  But if you really think Lazaar is brilliant, then more power to your elbow buddy. Your glass must always be overflowing 

What division are we in?

• Like 2

Ok. Humour me. As a left back I’d say Ashley Cole was brilliant, Stuart Pierce was brilliant, Paulo Maldini was brilliant. On that scale I wouldn’t rate Lazaar higher than average. In the context of Wednesday I’d say Worthington was brilliant, King was brilliant.  But if you really think Lazaar is brilliant, then more power to your elbow buddy. Your glass must always be overflowing 

None of those players are in our team now. Consider how good he is compared to our current options, if you can't see he is better than them by a considerable margin you are welcome to your opinion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Ashley Cole was the best left back in the world at his peak and those others weren’t bad either. 

But we aren’t a club anywhere near that level. Lazaar fit and playing is a brilliant player for Championship level.. we won’t sign a better left back than that. But he’s rarely fit so financially it would be pay as you play and I can’t see why he’d take that 

Well he’s currently on a no pay and no play deal...

19 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Define quality player and how you come to the conclusion that Lazaar meets that criteria ?

Think you need to stop attacking people that have a different opinion to you pal , if we all thought the same there would be no message boards 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

None of those players are in our team now. Consider how good he is compared to our current options, if you can't see he is better than them by a considerable margin you are welcome to your opinion.

Lawrie’s had a bit of a mare with this one hasn’t he?

Seems so dead set against Lazaar that he’s even ruling him out being brilliant for us because he’s not as good as Ashley Cole and Paolo Maldini

Funny thing is - he was much more successful in Serie A than Ashley Cole was

• Like 3

Knows the club

Knows most the players

A position we need to strengthen

Able to play as a wing back

Decent player 

Free agent

Deal til the end of the season.

Injury record goes against him so similar deal to Hutch.

If he's deemed to be a good egg, may as well see if a deal is possible.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Ashley Cole was the best left back in the world at his peak and those others weren’t bad either. 

But we aren’t a club anywhere near that level. Lazaar fit and playing is a brilliant player for Championship level.. we won’t sign a better left back than that. But he’s rarely fit so financially it would be pay as you play and I can’t see why he’d take that 

Evening Mrs Lazaar 

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Lawrie’s had a bit of a mare with this one hasn’t he?

Seems so dead set against Lazaar that he’s even ruling him out being brilliant for us because he’s not as good as Ashley Cole and Paolo Maldini

Funny thing is - he was much more successful in Serie A than Ashley Cole was

I may be wrong but I believe he played 4 games for us. Swansea, Brentford, Forest, Bristol. Therefore I don’t deem him as brilliant for us. I don’t seem his performance in any of those 4 games to be individually brilliant. Certainly not to the extent of bringing him back to play (if fit) ahead of Galvin, Penney or Reach. Particularly if we are hoping that Penney and / or Reach resign at the end of their contract. 
As was said by many on deadline day. Bringing in new players when we can’t pay the players that are here in full makes little sense. 
Hiwever if you really feel that Lazaar is brilliant then let’s hope we sign him

Guest LondonOwl313

I may be wrong but I believe he played 4 games for us. Swansea, Brentford, Forest, Bristol. Therefore I don’t deem him as brilliant for us. I don’t seem his performance in any of those 4 games to be individually brilliant. Certainly not to the extent of bringing him back to play (if fit) ahead of Galvin, Penney or Reach. Particularly if we are hoping that Penney and / or Reach resign at the end of their contract. 
As was said by many on deadline day. Bringing in new players when we can’t pay the players that are here in full makes little sense. 

He was man of the match against Swansea on his debut.. he’s a class above Penney and Galvin.

Mrs Lazaar was very decent from what I remember 👌🏻

Can't really be bothered to change your mind as it seems made up already, but have a read of this.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/02/sheffield-wednesday-fans-in-disbelief-at-how-good-newcastle-united-loan-pair-are/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Think you need to stop attacking people that have a different opinion to you pal , if we all thought the same there would be no message boards 

Not attacking anyone Huge. Personally I’m glad there is so much opinion and debate. I just genuinely can’t understand that people would describe Lazaar as “brilliant” or “quality” based on a handful of games for us and his record over his career. 

Nor do I get, how given our recent recruitment record that there is a clammer to bring him back. Too short-termist for me at a time when our club is in decline, in part due to short-termism.

• Like 1