Achraf laazar

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I read an interview with him a few weeks ago and he said he wanted to leave Newcastle and go back and play in Italy. He said that's where he feels at home,  so presume that's where hell be heading.

Good

On 04/02/2021 at 14:53, frastheowl said:

Strange timing.

I'm sure, because he's left the club after the transfer deadline, he can't sign for anybody else until the window reopens.

I know he struggled with injuries when he was here, but I genuinely believed, he would have been a risk worth taking this January.

He's got all the attributes you'd want for a modern day full back/wing back. His time here under Bruce was very brief, but he showed glimpses of ability that far exceeds this level.

Be interesting to where he goes, and if he can get a run of games under his belt that helps him realise his potential.

That's what I heard the other day. Can't sign for anybody until the summer

I suppose we were never going to be able to compete with Watford. Still, I'm not sure he's going to be getting much game time there (assuming he can stay fit anyway.)

But in any case, if all this is true then it does at least clear up the question of whether his contract was cancelled before or after the window shut.

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Has never shown any.

Very funny but not true

My first memory of him was when he came on as a sub, replacing Fox, in one of his first games (possibly his debut) and suddenly we had some attacking intent down the left. He looked great. I thought we'd found a winner (and, at last, someone to replace Fox who at the time seemed well out of his depth).

After that he was pretty rubbish.

Then he got another substitute appearance in one of the cups early on this season and once again looked terrific, driving forward with purpose (against a lower league side, mind).

Since then he's been rubbish again.

So, he has shown some form. But if you blinked you will have missed it.

On the other hand Lazaars performance against Swansea was one of the best left back displays I've ever seen at Hillsboro. Absolutely outstanding. So we know he has (or had) quality. But if he's injured so much he's not worth thinking about UNLESS he's willing to do a cut-price deal for the chance of getting some games. There MIGHT be a deal to be done that works for both sides. 

Guest wilyfox
36 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Very funny but not true

My first memory of him was when he came on as a sub, replacing Fox, in one of his first games (possibly his debut) and suddenly we had some attacking intent down the left. He looked great. I thought we'd found a winner (and, at last, someone to replace Fox who at the time seemed well out of his depth).

After that he was pretty rubbish.

Then he got another substitute appearance in one of the cups early on this season and once again looked terrific, driving forward with purpose (against a lower league side, mind).

Since then he's been rubbish again.

So, he has shown some form. But if you blinked you will have missed it.

On the other hand Lazaars performance against Swansea was one of the best left back displays I've ever seen at Hillsboro. Absolutely outstanding. So we know he has (or had) quality. But if he's injured so much he's not worth thinking about UNLESS he's willing to do a cut-price deal for the chance of getting some games. There MIGHT be a deal to be done that works for both sides. 

Where is the form?
Penney goals 0

Penney assists 0

right now that even makes Liam Palmer more of a threat as a wing-back.

Edited by wilyfox