Achraf laazar

6 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Strange timing.

I'm sure, because he's left the club after the transfer deadline, he can't sign for anybody else until the window reopens.

I know he struggled with injuries when he was here, but I genuinely believed, he would have been a risk worth taking this January.

He's got all the attributes you'd want for a modern day full back/wing back. His time here under Bruce was very brief, but he showed glimpses of ability that far exceeds this level.

Be interesting to where he goes, and if he can get a run of games under his belt that helps him realise his potential.

Correct. We didn't need him anyway.

8 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Strange timing.

I'm sure, because he's left the club after the transfer deadline, he can't sign for anybody else until the window reopens.

I know he struggled with injuries when he was here, but I genuinely believed, he would have been a risk worth taking this January.

He's got all the attributes you'd want for a modern day full back/wing back. His time here under Bruce was very brief, but he showed glimpses of ability that far exceeds this level.

Be interesting to where he goes, and if he can get a run of games under his belt that helps him realise his potential.

I thought it strange too. Maybe he has something lined up?

He's been trying to find a new club for a while. Offer him a smallish wage and a decent appearance fee and we either get a player who improves us or we don't lose much. £6k per week and £6k appearance fee could give him £18k per week as things stand with 2 games per week or we lose say £90k or there abouts if he is a crock. Pick your own figures, mine are just examples.

If he wants more then walk away.

He definitely added something to us in the odd game he did play here.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Strange timing.

I thought that about the window being closed.... unless it is still open in other countries?

If he left Newcastle this morning, we can't sign him until the summer. I'm sure the rules state that a free agent has to have been a free agent in the window which is why you often get contracts terminated by mutual agreement nearing the end of a window, thus allowing the player the chance to find a club after the window has shut. 

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If he left Newcastle this morning, we can't sign him until the summer. I'm sure the rules state that a free agent has to have been a free agent in the window which is why you often get contracts terminated by mutual agreement nearing the end of a window, thus allowing the player the chance to find a club after the window has shut. 

It's was on twitter that he had left Newcastle last week so would be before transfer window shut

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

‘Achraf Lazaar has just signed for Sheffield Wednesday, burst straight into the dressing room to get ready for training with a big beaming smile on his face. Sadly, he tripped on a kit bag, tore his ankle ligaments, dislocated his knee, and collapsed into a puddle of píss on the floor. Ach will now miss the remainder of the season. We wish him a speedy recovery.’

he'll be getting a phone call from hutch later today

• Haha 1