Achraf laazar

Would be very happy with this,  we wanted another left back/wing back and this guy was decent - when fit.  

And we have Penney and others as sufficient back up when he’s not available to play.  

Right now we can do with all the help we can get 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fpowl said:

100% yes for me he’s suited for our system plenty of pace too

goes without saying his wages will be massively reduced love to bring him in on a deal like hutch if we can get him 

So many fans commented about how signing overpaid, injury prone, has beens (or never weres) has been a massive factor in our decline over the last 5 years. Yet here we have a fan saying 100% yes to signing an overpaid, injury prone, never was. Gotta love Owlstalk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Would be very happy with this,  we wanted another left back/wing back and this guy was decent - when fit.  

And we have Penney and others as sufficient back up when he’s not available to play.  

Right now we can do with all the help we can get 

Presumably you were also very happy with the signings of Abdi and Wickham too?

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Presumably you were also very happy with the signings of Abdi and Wickham too?

I’ve noted you are making some strange comments in this thread and here’s another one. 

No, people aren’t happy about spending millions on has been, injury prone players like £4m on Abdi.  Signing Lazaar is only based on a short term, pay as you play deal until the end of this season to help keep us up.  No one in this thread has said anything about giving him a longer term deal or spending loads of money to sign him because we are fully aware of our financial situation. Also it’s interesting how the majority on here who watched him play felt he’s a good player for us,  but you seem to have a different opinion. As you would say “Owlstalk” 

• Love 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

Yeah

It means like that he’s really good at footballing

Ok. Humour me. As a left back I’d say Ashley Cole was brilliant, Stuart Pierce was brilliant, Paulo Maldini was brilliant. On that scale I wouldn’t rate Lazaar higher than average. In the context of Wednesday I’d say Worthington was brilliant, King was brilliant.  But if you really think Lazaar is brilliant, then more power to your elbow buddy. Your glass must always be overflowing 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Ok. Humour me. As a left back I’d say Ashley Cole was brilliant, Stuart Pierce was brilliant, Paulo Maldini was brilliant. On that scale I wouldn’t rate Lazaar higher than average. In the context of Wednesday I’d say Worthington was brilliant, King was brilliant.  But if you really think Lazaar is brilliant, then more power to your elbow buddy. Your glass must always be overflowing 

Fox was a brilliant left back. Eventually.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Ashley Cole was the best left back in the world at his peak and those others weren’t bad either. 

But we aren’t a club anywhere near that level. Lazaar fit and playing is a brilliant player for Championship level.. we won’t sign a better left back than that. But he’s rarely fit so financially it would be pay as you play and I can’t see why he’d take that