Chansiri calls Paul Cook ‘unprofessional’

21 minutes ago, striker said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Chansiri's advisor sounded out Cook, explained the role, remit and  a contract to the end of the season. That's probably as far as it went if Cook looking for a longer contract or assurances over footballing matters, unless Chansiri indicated to his advisor that conditions were to change.

I don't think Cook has been unprofessional, in fact complimentary when asked questions about us.  I don't see quotes from him in any of the stories put out by the Athletic and picked up by others in terms of an offer.

I think Chansiri is out of order, can have an issue with the media who reported, but not a job applicant.

Think Chansiri is feeling the heat to be lashing out publicly like he is. Where are his “friends” in his hour of need.

Cook has probably hit a nerve with his remark about being a employee not a manager, obviously not prepared to be a puppet.or another fall guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

You’re going to look very silly when DC gets us in the play-offs with a proper manager and launches D-Owlstalk.

Yeah, I can't wait for that when we are using 8G network  and coming out of the 35th national lockdown while Boris tells us not to worry, the R rate shall soon be below 1 and we can start to look forward to being able to watch the Owls from inside the stadium again.

:Chansiri:

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Name one single aspect of the club that's improved since this chairman came in and spent 350 million

The big screen?

The blue bit round the edge of the pitch?

Buggered if I can think of anything else.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish I'd started making a list 5 years ago and just adding to it daily with the latest drama

I was also thinking this. I'd sit down and do it but fear I would lose my will to live.......

Meanwhile Joao bangs in his 15th of the season.......

Edited by Morepork

Just now, Morepork said:

I was also thinking this. I'd sit down and do it but fear I would lose my will to live.......

I honestly wish I'd done it 

A list with dates and what's happened

Then pin it to the top of the forum so that anyone trying to convince us Chansiri's latest outburst is just  a one off can be politely pointed towards 'the list'

lol

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I honestly wish I'd done it 

A list with dates and what's happened

Then pin it to the top of the forum so that anyone trying to convince us Chansiri's latest outburst is just  a one off can be politely pointed towards 'the list'

lol

Can we start a thread, as a collaboration so posters can add dates of events to share the workload. Then form it into a "catalogue of disaster" and pin it until its over......

I was happy to defend DC early days as I thought he had genuine love for the club - had money to spend and he wanted success as much as the supporters. Since he moved Carlos on it's just been a catalogue of stuff ups. No one has any idea of what path he is walking or what his long term plan is? he wouldn't know himself.  

While I think we all admit our current playing squad is not particularly good and devoid of class it still has enough quality to finish about relegation. But the constant changing of managers - change of tactics - lack of players bought in - no strikers and all the mis messaging from the DC will will result in certain relegation.

Relegation is a disaster but if we can someone how sort out off field issues like DC which won't be easy and get rid of players who are on silly money and pass their use by dates and start a fresh with new manager and players who are young and hungry we might come back stronger but that right nows a pipe dream.

First we need to get DC out because every day he says the club falls further into the mire.

• Like 1

Would anyone be surprised if Chansiri made up the narrative of “I offered him a (short term) contract and he turned it down. End of story, forget about him, let me choose someone now” to try and show he at least ‘tried’ to keep the fans happy? I’ve no proof of that before anyone says anything, but Chansiri seems to be intentionally alienating the supporters from the club as an property.

He really doesn’t care about the fans (customers) at all. He doesn’t understand the mindset  of the asset he’s bought and the community and feeling around it. It’s a child’s view of what football is, being “Football’s all about money, Champions League, Tiki-Taka and inane tekkers YouTube twaddle”

perhaps I'm also angry about the direction Football has taken, but I’m certainly convinced that our club is gone and I’m personally in the process of detachment from the current club and it’s state. I’ll continue to support ‘the team’ if that makes any sense, but no more than that until the ownership has changed or until we have a hard reset.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Litearlly all your posts are about people criticising the chairman now

In a season where we've got a 6 point deduction due to mismanagement, are on our third or fourth manager of THIS SEASON, where we have no strikers, where our fans haven't had their season ticket money refunded, where we have no manager, where he's just called our fans 'bad customers', where we are in the bottom three and heading for relegation and we've sold our stadium

Come on...l

Aye, the very same poster that made this assertion on page one of the Coronavirus megathread on 23 January last year:

We just go looking for something to panic about. 

WHO have said that it cannot be passed from Human to Human.

Be over by the weekend

The worlds has gone bats.

WTF:

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nope. He didn’t say that Chansiri doesn’t let managers manage. He didn’t say it at all. 

Yeah you keep saying this. Which really just continually pedantic on your par t given it was very clear what he was on about (as you even admitted)

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Yeah you keep saying this. Which really just continually pedantic on your par t given it was very clear what he was on about (as you even admitted)

Yep but it didn’t justify a public slaughtering in the press. He didn’t actually say that DC didn’t allow him to manage. He said ‘at these good clubs’ which doesn’t specifically mention SWFC. 

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish I'd started making a list 5 years ago and just adding to it daily with the latest drama

Someone did a thread about exactly that when Tone walked.

Just add this thread to that... And all following Chancerisms. One day it will be funny.

I'm starting to think we have Thailand's answer to Donald Trump at the helm.

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep but it didn’t justify a public slaughtering in the press. He didn’t actually say that DC didn’t allow him to manage. He said ‘at these good clubs’ which doesn’t specifically mention SWFC. 

Arguably by saying ‘good clubs’ he actually ruled us out..

• Haha 2

Just now, El Toro said:

DC is the Donald Trump of football owners. 

He doesn't have Trump's comic timing in fairness. 

If DC was the dude on The Apprentice he'd accidentally fire himself and be in a D-Taxi to the airport. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

He doesn't have Trump's comic timing in fairness. 

If DC was the dude on The Apprentice he'd accidentally fire himself and be in a D-Taxi to the airport. 

I don't know though. In Thailand, DC at The Wednesday might be there top billing comedy.

Question is, who's he going to start a public squabble with next?