Vladimir Ivić

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

In my opinion it is by no means the worst appointment we could have ended up with

You’re right, that would have been Chris Coleman.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Is this more or less accurate than the source which told you he would be appointed 2 or 3 weeks ago?

Same source. Wasnt wrong with info. In terms of job offer initially ect. The hold up and timescale have been down to waring factions in Paxo/Erik Alonso wanting different appointments. 

For the record NO ONE not one person mentioned him even in the reckoning prior to this info I had. Im not saying I will be happy if true? But at least give the bloke a chance???

• Like 2

Connect the dots....doyen have close links with Pozzo family....Paxo involved with Doyen.

The cynic in me thinks Watford the beneficiary of this appointment, anticipating it will mitigate their termination costs when Ivic gets a new job 

We'd be appointing someone with 22 games experience in England during which time he managed to alienate the entire Watford squad and changed formation every other game.

To put his other credentials in context, Neil Lennon has a far better track record in a comparative quality league...Neil ******** Lennon. 

Prepare for destruction of team spirit, defensive football and formations, line ups picked out of a hat. 

This club just gets worse, makes it so hard to enjoy football. Expect he'll be gone at the end of the season and  Chansiri can fizz off too and take stuffing boy with him

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Same source. Wasnt wrong with info. In terms of job offer initially ect. The hold up and timescale have been down to waring factions in Paxo/Erik Alonso wanting different appointments. 

For the record NO ONE not one person mentioned him even in the reckoning prior to this info I had. Im not saying I will be happy if true? But at least give the bloke a chance???

Any idea who Alonso wanted? 

Just now, striker said:

Connect the dots....doyen have close links with Pozzo family....Paxo involved with Doyen.

The cynic in me thinks Watford the beneficiary of this appointment, anticipating it will mitigate their termination costs when Ivic gets a new job 

We'd be appointing someone with 22 games experience in England during which time he managed to alienate the entire Watford squad and changed formation every other game.

To put his other credentials in context, Neil Lennon has a far better track record in a comparative quality league...Neil ******** Lennon. 

Prepare for destruction of team spirit, defensive football and formations, line ups picked out of a hat. 

This club just gets worse, makes it so hard to enjoy football. Expect he'll be gone at the end of the season and  Chansiri can fizz off too and take stuffing boy with him

Does look dodgy doesn’t it? 

Yeah he’s done well in Greece and Israel, but the two clubs he managed are expected to win the league every year. 

• Like 2

The moaning and whining in response to this update is like listening to spoilt children who haven't got the birthday present they wanted

When Ivic got the Watford job i was listening to Talksport and the pundits on there were genuinely surprised Watford had managed to get him ... very highly rated and tipped for the top. 

Obviously he wouldn't have been my first pick but surely we need to be positive and give the guy a chance?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, dfoster said:

The moaning and whining in response to this update is like listening to spoilt children who haven't got the birthday present they wanted

When Ivic got the Watford job i was listening to Talksport and the pundits on there were genuinely surprised Watford had managed to get him ... very highly rated and tipped for the top. 

Obviously he wouldn't have been my first pick but surely we need to be positive and give the guy a chance?

Cringe isn't it 

• Like 5

If this is true I don’t get all the negativity before even getting through the door. 

Weren’t they 3rd or 5th in the league when Watford sacked him? Nothing wrong with being defensively minded if you can still be that high up the league. Plenty of teams come down for the PL and struggle to adapt.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Sacked or walks out when he realises how interfering Chansiri and Paxo are? 

If he plays the football Watford fans say, he won’t last here. In my time supporting Wednesday, the most successful managers are the ones who have a go and the ones who endear themselves to the fanbase. Sounds like this bloke has neither of these two qualities. 

I give it a five months 

• Like 3