Vladimir Ivić

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Watford fans complained he sucked the enjoyment out of it for them.

Watford

Forum Hippie

Obviously the problem here is with the way the club is run and the players know what to do to get a manager out if they dont like them or their methods. No decent coach / manager will want the job. We are a shambles on and off the pitch.

Sure i've heard that before somewhere..😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dfoster said:

The moaning and whining in response to this update is like listening to spoilt children who haven't got the birthday present they wanted

When Ivic got the Watford job i was listening to Talksport and the pundits on there were genuinely surprised Watford had managed to get him ... very highly rated and tipped for the top. 

Obviously he wouldn't have been my first pick but surely we need to be positive and give the guy a chance?

True whether you agree or not its counter productive to just be negative about absolutely everything Wednesday related. If? it happens he has my backing. I can name 10 straight off worse appointments. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

High praise indeed - that's a good recruitment strategy. Let's avoid the very worst and all will be well. Who would be worst?

It’s a turn of phrase mate, If you want me to be literal about it then I think it’s a decent appointment 

but if you want to be pedantic about what I said, then all I’ll say is that I take it you did see the betting list, so therefore he’s by far and away not the worst appointment we could have made 

unless you literally want me to list everyone who in my opinion could be worse 

2 minutes ago, dfoster said:

The moaning and whining in response to this update is like listening to spoilt children who haven't got the birthday present they wanted

When Ivic got the Watford job i was listening to Talksport and the pundits on there were genuinely surprised Watford had managed to get him ... very highly rated and tipped for the top. 

Obviously he wouldn't have been my first pick but surely we need to be positive and give the guy a chance?

Ahh Talksport the oracle of all football knowledge and opinion.

Ran out of giving this chairman chances. Ivic might be a nice bloke, but I don’t think he’s the right fit for Wednesday. Will put my neck on the line and say it. Poor choice from the chairman - not for the first time. 

(if true obviously but I don’t doubt the poster who posted this, he’s normally right) 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Does look dodgy doesn’t it? 

Yeah he’s done well in Greece and Israel, but the two clubs he managed are expected to win the league every year. 

Didn't even win the Greek league did he was a cup?...and let's be fair the Israeli league is not competitive, as you say. 

I asked before and no-one took up the challenge. Can anyone name 5 other teams in the Greek and Israeli leagues without using Google. I'd be impressed (now waiting  some smart arse who lives in Greece or Israel to prove me wrong 😀)

1 minute ago, striker said:

Didn't even win the Greek league did he was a cup?...and let's be fair the Israeli league is not competitive, as you say. 

I asked before and no-one took up the challenge. Can anyone name 5 other teams in the Greek and Israeli leagues without using Google. I'd be impressed (now waiting  some smart arse who lives in Greece or Israel to prove me wrong 😀)

Family live in Greece so yeah I could but I’ll leave it to others 😉

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ran out of giving this chairman chances. Ivic might be a nice bloke, but I don’t think he’s the right fit for Wednesday. Will put my neck on the line and say it. Poor choice from the chairman - not for the first time. 

(if true obviously but I don’t doubt the poster who posted this, he’s normally right) 

I think it was Jim White, Danny Murphy and Darren Bent. Granted not necessarily all geniuses but i wouldn't totally discard their opinion either. Unless i was a SWFC superfan who knew everything .... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dfoster said:

I think it was Jim White, Danny Murphy and Darren Bent. Granted not necessarily all geniuses but i wouldn't totally discard their opinion either. Unless i was a SWFC superfan who knew everything .... 

what you mean a seasoned journalist and 2 ex international footballers,

come on mate what the hell would they know about it 

lol

I literally cannot find anything to be positive about, I've been looking. Even when appointed at Watford the most they could say about him  is to trot out his nationality,  age and that he won a cup in Greece and two leagues titles in Israel (in a two horse race).

For those wanting Ivic, how does he meet the brief of attacking football, managing the frail mentality of our players and having the wherewith all to succeed in a relegation fight?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Whilst DC remains at the helm nobody will be the right fit for the club, it will just be a continual merry go round.

I’ll  support any manager as best I can. It really can’t be easy working at the club right now, whichever department you’re in.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The fanbase needs lifting massively. If true this bloke goes completely against that. 

He looks miserable as sin, his football is negative and Watford fans complained he sucked the enjoyment out of it for them.

At this point I think DC and Paixao are just taking the ******** out of us. 

Just sucking the enjoyment out of it would be a step up for us. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
34 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

High praise indeed - that's a good recruitment strategy. Let's avoid the very worst and all will be well. Who would be worst?

Imagine what defender #201 was like when we signed Joost!