Vladimir Ivić

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

And so it starts again. A pending managerial appointment allows the Chansiri cheerleaders one of their few remaining chances to back their man’s thinking. I just want him out of our club. 

Why are you so against the potential appointment of Ivic rather than Cook?

I’d spout that in the circumstances it seemed like a sensible decision. 

All this tosh about “I’m happy being bored”. It’s not an either or. I’ve had enough of the negative, passive football we’ve played over the last few seasons - and I stress the I. Why not try something radical - a manager that wants to get on the front foot? 

So why do you think Cook would be a good appointment on that basis?

He did a good job at Wigan but what they produced wasn't exactly free-flowing front-foot stuff. His team scored less goals than we did under Garry Monk last season and if it wasn't for the one freak result against Hull they would have been the lowest scorers in the division. I'd imagine it would be more attacking than Pulis but it would be difficult not to be. 

11 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Any idea of the other candidates on the shortlist?

As we speak there was 4. All managers spoken to and 2 wanted the job which was cook and some Romanian coach. Dc doesn’t think to highly of cook or the other guy so just going round in a big circle. Ivic turned us down. Chansiri in no rush.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Starting to get the feeling in 2 weeks Chansiri will present another Dave Hockaday as the new head coach and when asked why he didn’t get someone more “experienced” he will explain:

“I speak to many people, but they do not want to coach, they want to do my job. I tell them they can not do everything like me, they should just be coach.  But they refuse, they want to manage everything too, it is very strange. It is not how it should be. And I understand football. So it takes time to find the right one”. 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

Any idea of the other candidates on the shortlist?

Jeremy Corbyn, Nicola Sturgeon, Donald trump. Apparently got a lot in common with Chansiri, they know f.. k all about football. 

If it’s not going to be Ivic then it’s obviously going to be Thompson. Don’t understand why we’re even looking around given the on-field and financial situations not least DC’s lack of long term planning which probably includes the length of contract on offer to any new manager/head coach?

• Haha 1