The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

3 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

We know where that comes from. In Football Manager, there is this option to tell the other team that "This player is not for sale at any price" when rejecting an offer :Chansiri:

So Att is in charge.lol

Was told Amari’i Bell was another one who was keen to come and then Luton came in for him, he’s joined them tonight. 

We move on, again! 

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Was told Amari’i Bell was another one who was keen to come and then Luton came in for him, he’s joined them tonight. 

We move on, again! 

No worries. Onto the next championship-bound player we’ll miss out on. Eventually the club should wake up and smell the coffee. 

Edited by wilyfox

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’m just not sure I’ve seen anything from FDB to think he will be ready for the first team, even in league one. 

Miles better than Hunt!

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

So pre season has officially started and we have no new signings. As usual such a lack of planning from the club and we will no doubt end up starting on the back foot getting players up to speed etc. So disappointing. 

Spot on 👏 

This has been our problem for years!

We always seem to be playing catch up, regardless of what league we are in.

Still no transfer news of note......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

No worries. Onto the next championship-bound player we’ll miss out on. Eventually the club should wake up and smell the coffee. 

yes we really need to start going for players we have a realistic chance of signing. Ridiculous trying to get players with Championship interest. 

Maybe we have got players lined up but they won't come until their existing contracts are up.  Then we need a supply of the new kit for the official photo....then another excuse why nothing has happened.lol

Thursday may be interesting (or more likely not), the date after player contracts from the previous season expire.

Shame our pre season camp starts on Monday, I really don't see the point in taking half a squad. Surely the idea is to do team bonding and work on tactics (I know, something revolutionary for us, tactics). The players we have left over already know each other.and so low on numbers we'd struggle to put on a training game between them.

As we stand next week's pre season camp looks like a school trip for the U23's with a handful of senior pros as chaperones.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Thursday may be interesting (or more likely not), the date after player contracts from the previous season expire.

Shame our pre season camp starts on Monday, I really don't see the point in taking half a squad. Surely the idea is to do team bonding and work on tactics (I know, something revolutionary for us, tactics). The players we have left over already know each other.and so low on numbers we'd struggle to put on a training game between them.

As we stand next week's pre season camp looks like a school trip for the U23's with a handful of senior pros as chaperones.

100% this. As usual such pathetic planning from the club. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hirstyslaces said:

Spot on 👏 

This has been our problem for years!

We always seem to be playing catch up, regardless of what league we are in.

Still no transfer news of note......

Nor will there be whilst we haven't submitted the accounts.

So this trip to wales on Monday. What are they doing a minibus, two cars? 

What a shambles we start pre season training camp with what is it 11 / 12 professionals and a handful of kids?

43 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Woah, good signing. 

Indeed, and another one we were linked with. 

Guess we will have a look at fair number of trialist in Pre season. 

Any news regarding lad from Southampton? Is he still without club?