The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

13 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

we are missing loads of decent players, however it was mentioned we have 6 players on trial , wonder who they are

DC get the wages and accounts sorted, time is ticking

would any half decent player agree to come on trial. You would think decent players wouldn’t have to prove themselves. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

would any half decent player agree to come on trial. You would think decent players wouldn’t have to prove themselves. 

Probably released U-23 and U-18 players. 

6 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Macauley Bonne signing for ITFC 

Would have possibly been on our radar too? 

Goal scorer at this level,  surprised QPR giving up on him so soon 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s alright giving these young lads new deals but fizz me can we sign some players that can go straight in to the first team. 

You banking on If you keep repeating yourself enough we might hurry up and submit the accounts and have the EFL lift the latest embargo ? 

You know, to like actually be able to sign a player , or 6

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

You banking on If you keep repeating yourself enough we might hurry up and submit the accounts and have the EFL lift the latest embargo ? 

You know, to like actually be able to sign a player , or 6

we can still sign free transfers. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s alright giving these young lads new deals but fizz me can we sign some players that can go straight in to the first team. 

These are the players going into the first team.

Edited by prowl
  • Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

we can still sign free transfers. 

Am sure we could !   But I’m also sure not many of them will be too interested until the wage, accounts and embargo issues join Elev8 in the history books 

It’s far far from ideal, and yea am aware who’s to blame , but unfortunately it’s gonna be a case of waiting till these issues are sorted before we see any influx of established players 

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

These are the players going into the first team.

There’s absolutely no reason to think some of these lads can’t be a part of that first team either,  it’s like some people want us to go out and sign dossers like Ravel Morrison and Bostock Just because there ‘established’ players 

If youth is what we’ve got, and we can add to that with a few smart loans then I’d rather see a team like that , then a team with ageing yesterday men like Morrison , Bostock and Gregory 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

There’s absolutely no reason to think some of these lads can’t be a part of that first team either,  it’s like some people want us to go out and sign dossers like Ravel Morrison and Bostock Just because there ‘established’ players 

If youth is what we’ve got, and we can add to that with a few smart loans then I’d rather see a team like that , then a team with ageing yesterday men like Morrison , Bostock and Gregory 

Completely agree, always a risk that young players can step up, but it's now or never for them at this level.

The forward area still concerns me though, think we need some experience there still. 

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

like you say a lot of work still to do because that squad looks very weak. 

I don't think that, that team would struggle in L1 if they all stayed fit. I do however think that our squad would stuggle to cope with the inevitable injuries and loss of form.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I don't think that, that team would struggle in L1 if they all stayed fit. I do however think that our squad would stuggle to cope with the inevitable injuries and loss of form.

needs many improvements for me, like you say with the inevitable injuries to players that seem to pick up injuries very easily we need a bit of strength in depth. 

18 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

Agree, that's a good point. Luongo, Iorfa and Dunkley have hardly played in the last 2 seasons.....that would be defence and midfield decimated, added to which, we have no strikers.

So, potentially a very weak spine to the team, based on recent fragile injury records.

• Like 1