The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

17 minutes ago, d-man said:

Well I like a good debate, especially on something I’m so passionate about!

we will see who is right for sure, I think we all want what’s best for the club, I believe there are different ways of going about it and chansiri basing isn’t going to help anything 

Been in work so apologies, came back on and read with interest your passionate defence with some valid points and then you’ve ended with the mention of ‘Chansri bashing’ which is no different to supporter bashing. 
As stated earlier if you want to be together (no way was I using that word) then don’t attack the people you want onside. Great debate though. UTO 

27 minutes ago, room0035 said:

That is of course if the Director of football is allowed to make any decision. He brought the lass from Charlton in and within a few months she went from CEO to fan liaison officer after her last role where the fans wanted to not be very nice to her.lol

Problem is with consultants/advisers they often want their own man through the door. Not necessarily the best man for the job. This isn’t just in football but in any businesses which hire consultants to recruit. This is why I don’t think Cook will get it - despite in my eyes and most football people being the standout candidate at this time.

Until DC gets a CEO or DOF in and let’s them work with the clubs interests at fully heart, we won’t progress and we will end up stagnating. It’s so frustrating he will never see this. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Been in work so apologies, came back on and read with interest your passionate defence with some valid points and then you’ve ended with the mention of ‘Chansri bashing’ which is no different to supporter bashing. 
As stated earlier if you want to be together (no way was I using that word) then don’t attack the people you want onside. Great debate though. UTO 

No attack from my side, just opinions on someone trying to get our club up!

• Haha 1

I think we all underestimate the impact covid has had on all EFL clubs - I think most simply don't have the money to commit to multiple transfers this window, especially when so many (~500) footballers are still out of contract from the summer and presumably available cheaply.

So far there have only been 11 transfers / loans in to Championship clubs (from BBC website), so I don't think we're exactly lagging behind our rivals.

I don't think anybody will leave this window (don't think anybody will pay what DC wants).

I think we'll be limited to a few contract extensions and maybe a couple of loans in during this window.

I think DC thinks (as our league position suggests) that the current squad is good enough to avoid relegation this season. He can then have a sort out in the summer, by when hopefully things are looking far better on the income front for next season.

1 hour ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

I think we all underestimate the impact covid has had on all EFL clubs - I think most simply don't have the money to commit to multiple transfers this window, especially when so many (~500) footballers are still out of contract from the summer and presumably available cheaply.

So far there have only been 11 transfers / loans in to Championship clubs (from BBC website), so I don't think we're exactly lagging behind our rivals.

I don't think anybody will leave this window (don't think anybody will pay what DC wants).

I think we'll be limited to a few contract extensions and maybe a couple of loans in during this window.

I think DC thinks (as our league position suggests) that the current squad is good enough to avoid relegation this season. He can then have a sort out in the summer, by when hopefully things are looking far better on the income front for next season.

How many other team in our divisions are outside the bottom 3 on goal difference, having played more games than the team below us and have 14 of 23 players out of contract in the summer.

We need players and we need strikers.

We don't have a manager either how many of the other championship teams are in the same boat, I can think of only Derby and they are about to get a new owner.

If DC Leaves it to the last minute, we will over pay on the loans and risk relegation to save a few quid now,  but in the long run cost him millions in lost revenue, tv money and his investment will be worth next to nothing as a league one club.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How many other team in our divisions are outside the bottom 3 on goal difference, having played more games than the team below us and have 14 of 23 players out of contract in the summer.

We need players and we need strikers.

We don't have a manager either how many of the other championship teams are in the same boat, I can think of only Derby and they are about to get a new owner.

If DC Leaves it to the last minute, we will over pay on the loans and risk relegation to save a few quid now,  but in the long run cost him millions in lost revenue, tv money and his investment will be worth next to nothing as a league one club.

I don't disagree with anything you've said - only saying what I think will happen, not what I want to happen.

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

OK , a good old fashioned "rumour".............................source..."friend of a friend"........................so probably bolox but here goes.

Adam Reach to Glasgow Rangers with Jordan Jones and a few quid coming our way.

I want Jordan Jones, but not at the expense of Reach. We’ve finally got him back in form. He’s an important player. That said, if Reach has indicated he won’t agree a new contract...we may be wise to deal.

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I want Jordan Jones, but not at the expense of Reach. We’ve finally got him back in form. He’s an important player. That said, if Reach has indicated he won’t agree a new contract...we may be wise to deal.

The Reach leaving rumour is complete rubbish it's Newsnow linking any player we have with Scotland again. It's every transfer window either Celtic or Rangers want our players and in the end they cannot afford the wages with other championship teams interested.

Give a day of two and Bannan will be moving to Celtic rumour.

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The Reach leaving rumour is complete rubbish it's Newsnow linking any player we have with Scotland again. It's every transfer window either Celtic or Rangers want our players and in the end they cannot afford the wages with other championship teams interested.

Give a day of two and Bannan will be moving to Celtic rumour.

the article may be rubbish, but the chance of Reach leaving is very real as things stand.

19 hours ago, d-man said:

So you didn’t want Jordan Rhodes then? You saying the fan base wasn’t crying out for him?

and all clubs gamble in that way look at wolves with Neves! They would have been royally screwed if they didn’t get up! So nothing new in that statement!

There was certainly a clamour for Rhodes and Mcgugan prior to that. For me at the time I thought a loan deal would’ve been best but that probably wasn’t an option. 

I think DC has changed things since the third season and we have a different recruiting policy now and we sold Joao and Hunt. The big issue was the failed stadium sale because it was reactive and not proactive. We are still suffering from that. 

Next manager is key. We need someone who gets us on the front foot and communicates on a level with the fans in the absence of the chairman.

I think there are plenty of reasons to criticise DC, but he’s the only one keeping the club in existence currently. Not many people would buy a club in the middle of a pandemic so we just need to crack on.

26 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

There was certainly a clamour for Rhodes and Mcgugan prior to that. For me at the time I thought a loan deal would’ve been best but that probably wasn’t an option. 

Rhodes did originally come here on loan. But the feeling was that the final purchase was part of that deal and we could not shirk this commitment when the time came. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think DC has changed things since the third season and we have a different recruiting policy now and we sold Joao and Hunt. The big issue was the failed stadium sale because it was reactive and not proactive. We are still suffering from that. 

Next manager is key. We need someone who gets us on the front foot and communicates on a level with the fans in the absence of the chairman.

I think there are plenty of reasons to criticise DC, but he’s the only one keeping the club in existence currently. Not many people would buy a club in the middle of a pandemic so we just need to crack on.

Fans want the better players such as Messi and Ronaldo to sign, but if the chairman then goes out and signs them, the blame is not the fans when the signing go sour. That's a bit of a cop out for the chairman.

It is up to the bloke in charge to make sure the club operates within a budget and also does not break any rule to achieve the goals he sets, if he cannot do this then get someone in who can, or sell up to someone who can manage and run a football team.

I would hope that 1. 2, 3 year and further forward budgets are in place of what the club needs to do to prevent the breaking of the rules, yes Co-Vid will have an effect on income but being able to show what income has been lost, is part of the calculation within the account.

Co-Vid though does not affect the 2018 accounts that were filed with the stadium sale, it also does not affect the 2019 account which are 6 months overdue with a 3 month extension on.

• Like 1

Just now, room0035 said:

Fans want the better players such as Messi and Ronaldo to sign, but if the chairman then goes out and signs them, the blame is not the fans when the signing go sour. That's a bit of a cop out for the chairman.

It is up to the bloke in charge to make sure the club operates within a budget and also does not break any rule to achieve the goals he sets, if he cannot do this then get someone in who can, or sell up to someone who can manage and run a football team.

I would hope that 1. 2, 3 year and further forward budgets are in place of what the club needs to do to prevent the breaking of the rules, yes Co-Vid will have an effect on income but being able to show what income has been lost, is part of the calculation within the account.

Co-Vid though does not affect the 2018 accounts that were filed with the stadium sale, it also does not affect the 2019 account which are 6 months overdue with a 3 month extension on.

'Accounts' you say? 

What are they then?

• Like 1