Chansiri on why he sacked Tony Pulis

5 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Avoid relegation this season to aim did playoffs next season. That was the plan. 

Chansiri didn't think that with Pulis it would be acheived to push on next season IF we stay up this season. 

It's not rocket science what he was saying ! 

That's not what he said unless I have missed something.

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Aka

Players despised it - grassed Tone up and got him sack 

I think you could be correct.

First few games players looked up for it but then looked far from interested by time we played at Huddersfield, maybe this was why Reach didn't celebrate his goal at Blackburn, we saw a big improvement against Boro even though formation hadn't changed much from previous games. 

It looked like shackles had been removed from one or two players.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Surely Pulis has to respond to that and tell his side?

I’d be absolutely spitting feathers if I was Pulis and seeing the chairman hammer him in public like he just has. 

Exactly he has the right to respond. Is it the truth, part truth or a load of crap?

Like others have said I think Pulis came totally unprepared for the task at hand and eyed a nice fat pay off from week 3!

DC can say what he likes but Pulis has little or no come back unless there’s anything defamatory in it. All depends what the terms of Pulis severance deal were. If he’s signed up to an nda he can’t really say much. He will just have to brief some of his Sandbanks chums to say stuff on his behalf! 

IF what Chansiri is saying is right,  and I'm inclined to believe it is in this instance as seems very plausible, then I respect him for his decision and decisive action. This is however taking it in complete isolation of everything else that has occurred before. 

Surely if it isn't true and Pulis feels like he's essentially being accused of lying, he will now come out with a strong rebuttal and/or threaten legal action. We'll see...

The big and totally reasonable criticism of Pulis on here was that he was a defensive-minded manager whose teams all played a similar negative style. And Chansiri says he hung his hat on Pulis changing the habits of a football lifetime. Misguided or naive at best. Maybe he should have listened to us. 

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Genuinely one of the funniest threads I have ever read on owlstalk.

Tony Pulis will go down in wednesday history.  If I get time I would love to write a book - ‘ the damned Wednesday’ - about those 40 days he was manager for.   

I bet though that there are STILL some telling us how he'd have turned it round, how he was the right man and how playing 8-2-0 formation and defending for 90 minutes was the right ting to do and the only way to win/stop up

I bet you there are

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The big and totally reasonable criticism of Pulis on here was that he was a defensive-minded manager whose teams all played a similar negative style. And Chansiri says he hung his hat on Pulis changing the habits of a football lifetime. Misguided or naive at best. Maybe he should have listened to us. 

Well this is the crux of it really. Did DC really think Pulis was going to come in and play slick, attacking, passing football? 

I really doubt when interviewed Pulis said the football would be entertaining and attacking.

Why is DC employing a a manager notoriously renowned for playing negative football if he wanted attacking football? 

It’s just ridiculous. His decision making isn’t improving one bit.

WTAF did Pulis mean when he talked about his wish to 'play through the pitch' whenever possible. Let’s face it, he conned plenty of us with his press conference, let alone DC. He’s a smooth talker,  with his working class connections from his Sandbanks palace, but at the end of the day the football we played in that short reign was absolutely dire. There's no wonder at all that the players looked so miserable. I mean out of the frying pan into the fire doesn’t cover it at all when one thinks of the change from Monk to Pulis. 

• Like 2