Sam Vokes From Stoke ?

14 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Think he’d be a good signing 

we’re crying out for something different upfront 

we’ve nothing sticking half the time and the ball is coming straight back at us putting us under pressure again 

I think having stokes up front will get windass in the game more and give him more chances 

I can see this working, like many have said though it might not work.

for me we need to create more and get the ball forward more so one required across the middle or wide areas 

and we need to make something stick and have some options on the bench 

A player like stokes is needed it’s a yes from me 

Anthony Stokes?

Guest Hornsby
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Would cost 2m+. Considering we aren’t paying players on time, what makes you think we are in a position to spend that kind of money on a striker? 

Weekly wage, £3,000 in Scotland for a forward.

At Stoke? £40,000 weekly for Sam?

Just now, Hornsby said:

Weekly wage, £3,000 in Scotland for a forward.

At Stoke? £40,000 weekly for Sam?

They’re just guesses though? Cosgrove will have plenty of admirers at this level and maybe even above, I highly doubt bottom of the league Wednesday with cash flow problems will be his first choice. 

Vokes would most likely be a loan, he won’t be on 40 a week at all. Pulis will probably put a good word in with the Stoke owner as they’re still quite close. We’ll be relying on Pulis’ contacts massively if we can do any business at all I imagine. 

Said it weeks ago,  a blatantly obvious Pulis target 

And for the record, he’s a million miles better than anything we have so not really sure why anyone turning noses up 

Guest Hornsby
5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They’re just guesses though? Cosgrove will have plenty of admirers at this level and maybe even above, I highly doubt bottom of the league Wednesday with cash flow problems will be his first choice. 

Vokes would most likely be a loan, he won’t be on 40 a week at all. Pulis will probably put a good word in with the Stoke owner as they’re still quite close. We’ll be relying on Pulis’ contacts massively if we can do any business at all I imagine. 

Your right. He's on £33,000 per week , according to footballsalary.com

Dead money for a deadbeat.

While Cosgrove would make mega profit.

Funding? Swap refunds for shares and issue new share capital for fans to buy at fair price , with incentives.

Like many clubs now doing. And we did with B shares in 78 that created cash for Curran - and promotion.

48 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Vokes meh, we can find much better, and probably cheaper. We’d have been better keeping Nuhiu, if we are looking at players of this level

we probably can but I wouldn’t want to be the one having to persuade these better players to choose us over most other teams in our league or above. Certainly won’t be a salary that swings it given the recent payment issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Funding? Swap refunds for shares and issue new share capital for fans to buy at fair price , with incentives.

Like many clubs now doing. And we did with B shares in 78 that created cash for Curran - and promotion.

But this would absolutely categorically never happen

lol

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But this would absolutely categorically never happen

lol

Rome fell. We gotta make it happen.

Cosgrove on £1,800 a week, say sportssalary.com

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

we probably can but I wouldn’t want to be the one having to persuade these better players to choose us over most other teams in our league or above. Certainly won’t be a salary that swings it given the recent payment issue. 

Yeah that’s true

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

I think going for the likes of Cosgrove, Piggot, Whiteman, Green etc make sound business sense. As I’d bet a loan from this league or above costs a packet and is then written off. 

But it’s never been the way DC operates. With the exception of Fox and Winnall who we missed the boat on selling

Well we can sign up and coming players that might make us money in the future and might keep us in this league? Or we can sign the likes of voakes that might keep us in this league ? And there you have it no one knows for certain? If we were looking like mid table safety I’d go for up and coming targets to bed in for next season esp as most of our squad out of contract end of this season! But dc know gota get this right cus we can’t afford to go down for so many reasons ? Our predicament just hanging in the balance