Sam Vokes From Stoke ?

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No, why would we want a player in the Championship who can't get in his own team?  Coz they're below par.

We need someone who is on the way up not going down or treading water.  

In fairness Stoke City are way above where we are now and looking to get out the division where as we are desperate to stay in it.

The question we’d need to ask ourselves is, is he better than what we have? I’d have to say yes.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Should be looking at the likes of Piggot, Watters or Abrahams from the lower leagues or top flight loanees, rather than has beens. 

You are right in the sense that that is what would be ideal but ‘has beens’ or at least players currently cooling their heels on the bench are I think the market we will be shopping in. 
Decent lower league players banging them in for current clubs are not going to be sold to us in Jan unless we pay way over the odds. They are way more likely to be end of season signings. Top flight teams younger players are going to be thin on-the ground this year also I think. Due to the gruelling schedule so many teams are keeping their decent young players to themselves this season as cover. 
Getting loans in is going to be tricky work. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No, why would we want a player in the Championship who can't get in his own team?  Coz they're below par.

You must be new to our transfer “strategy”

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I’m afraid the expression ‘beggars can’t be choosers’ might be par for the course this Jan. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness Stoke City are way above where we are now and looking to get out the division where as we are desperate to stay in it.

The question we’d need to ask ourselves is, is he better than what we have? I’d have to say yes.

Problem is, when Stoke were useless last year and near the foot of the table he couldn't get in the team either.

Not been impressed when I've seen him play recently - what would he give us that Paterson doesn't? I.e. slow, lumbering centre forward that doesn't score many goals and wins the odd header.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

It depends on the deal. Pretty sure he’ll be on quite high wages so if we have to pay all of his wage I can’t see him coming here. If it’s a part wage deal then will probably be a good addition for us. 

It sure will be a great deal.

We’ll pay only (a small part)  of the part wage deal.