Pulis hints at mini clearout.........who’s going?

Guest wilyfox
14 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Dont get what the issue is with Pelupessy. He's a good back up player and does a good job.

The issue is his lack of quality on the pitch, which is where the ‘good back up’ argument fails the moment we have to play him. Even Pulis was critical of him and he’s only been here 5 minutes. So if he can see it, why after 3yrs can’t you?

Bottom of the league and sinking, in terrible form and allegedly not paying our players on time with well documented off field issues.

I'm firmly of the belief that this squad isn't good enough to stay up, but I'd be staggered if we can attract players better than those that we can manage to offload (which will be difficult anyway) given the situation we are in.

23 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Rhodes, Kachunga, Brown, Marriott, and Pelupessy can go for starters.

I’d keep JVA, Harris, and Odubajo until summer then release. Penney won’t make it either. 

Not sure on the rulings with the EFL, but does anyone know if loans can be cancelled? Marriott was only here until January anyway wasn't he? I'd look to ditch Brown too, another loan let down. Flint isn't what we need either as defence doesn't seem to be an issue... yet.

The rest on your list Wily, sadly I don't think we could give em away.

Just now, stevie snerklebox said:

Not sure on the rulings with the EFL, but does anyone know if loans can be cancelled? Marriott was only here until January anyway wasn't he? I'd look to ditch Brown too, another loan let down. Flint isn't what we need either as defence doesn't seem to be an issue... yet.

What's our success rate on loan players who have performed well?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Marriott was a season loan but we know there’s a recall. I thought Pulis might wanna keep Flint around having signed him for Boro. I’m ok with Flint going back to Cardiff so long as we get Dunkley up & running because we do need a leader at the back.

I think Pulis will want a different type to Marriott anyway. Not enough variety amongst our forwards. Probly send them both back and put the resources to better use.

Westwood

Palmer

Odubajo

Penney

Pelupessy

Kachunga

Rhodes

Bannan - if an offer comes in. I know this may be controversial, but he is the wrong side of 30 to be part of a rebuild. With a fee received we could reinvest in the squad. I do think he is overrated also - a luxury in this division that isn't producing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That’s not true.. we have Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Flint, Van Aken and Dunkley

Iorfa would get in most sides as his pace is electric. Flint has gone for big money to teams near the top of the division in recent seasons. Lees has been steady at this level for a long time and Dunkley had a decent reputation before his injury. It’s only really Van Aken who’s not good enough 

Centre half is the least of our worries

Your having a laugh bud,we havent brought in a good defender since Loovens came in,the ones we have are sloppy,make too many gaffes in their own box,not ONE commanding defender among those names,Flints a not ours,B Injured and C getting on a bit.Borner since hes come back has looked better,hes a tryer,but in all honesty hes no Stiepermann is he lets be reyt.Theyre all bang average bud,you see it week in week out

On 11/12/2020 at 16:28, LondonOwl313 said:

That’s not true.. we have Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Flint, Van Aken and Dunkley

Iorfa would get in most sides as his pace is electric. Flint has gone for big money to teams near the top of the division in recent seasons. Lees has been steady at this level for a long time and Dunkley had a decent reputation before his injury. It’s only really Van Aken who’s not good enough 

Centre half is the least of our worries

Iorfa wouldnt get a look in at most sides bud,thats why he cost 250K,positionally hes a car crash and quite often loses his man during a game,and it lead to a goal quite often,too often bud,good defenders dont make that kinda gaffe,Mick Lyons never lost one and he was past it when he signed him.

Watford had a butchers at Iorfa and everyone got giddy,they went and bought a proper CB instead pal.

Ask ya sen this question,were a club on its arse, we need dosh and every club knows it,so why arent clubs queing up for a cut price CB at say 500K Iorfa included before today,Il tell ya pal, BEACAUSE THERE CRAP,Wed struggle to get shut for wages never mind fees.

Your deluded pal or you dont watch the games.

The heart & foundation of every club in the english football league thats ever been successfull is a ROCK SOLID DEFENCE

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Iorfa wouldnt get a look in at most sides bud,thats why he cost 250K,positionally hes a car crash and quite often loses his man during a game,and it lead to a goal quite often,too often bud,good defenders dont make that kinda gaffe,Mick Lyons never lost one and he was past it when he signed him.

Watford had a butchers at Iorfa and everyone got giddy,they went and bought a proper CB instead pal.

Ask ya sen this question,were a club on its arse, we need dosh and every club knows it,so why arent clubs queing up for a cut price CB at say 500K Iorfa included before today,Il tell ya pal, BEACAUSE THERE CRAP,Wed struggle to get shut for wages never mind fees.

Your deluded pal or you dont watch the games.

The heart & foundation of every club in the english football league thats ever been successfull is a ROCK SOLID DEFENCE

You already replied to me mate like 5 posts above lol

I just don’t think we have a big problem with central defence, keepers all look a bit dodgy and we’ve no left back, but still think we’ve 3 or 4 half decent centre backs at this level.

If we go down I think Iorfa, Lees and Flint will end up elsewhere in the championship because that’s their kind of level 

Agree maybe Iorfa can improve his positioning but his pace bails him out all the time. Would have said he was our best asset but probably end up leaving for a cut price if he doesn’t play again this season