Pulis hints at mini clearout.........who’s going?

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Steve Watson who played mainly as a defender before his spell in midfield 🤔.... step up Big Dom

Iorfa is not good enough on the ball for midfield. He’s not the new Carlton Palmer. I don’t know why people can’t see that.

The only players likely to move out in January are those wanted by other clubs. Ironically they will be the ones we want to keep. Fox and Fletcher are good recent examples of this and are being badly missed by us right now. We still have neither a recognised left back or centre forward. 

The real clear out will come in the summer when many contracts expire.

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Hopefully the following:

Van Aken

Palmer 

Pelupessy

Rhodes 

Odubajo (maybe). If he plays on the wing, where we know he is capable, then i think he will stay but i can see Reach and Harris keeping him out of the side. 

Keeper situation will be interesting. If Wildsmith continues to perform then we won’t need to rush into the market for one. If westwood can’t get into the side again, he will just sit out the rest of his contract. Dawson obviously not good enough for this level. 

Wildsmith..that free kick what users scored was a joke,awful keeping..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Mini clearout is football speak for selling to raise funds,not that weve much worth selling on.

You can bet one thing itl be the decent  players that move out as noboddy will want our rubbish

We will struggle to find anyone we can sell for a fee. Our main asset, Bannan is out of contract in the summer so his value has plummeted. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

None of which are top end chamionship standard,ours would struggle to get on the bench at most other sides in this league

That’s not true.. we have Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Flint, Van Aken and Dunkley

Iorfa would get in most sides as his pace is electric. Flint has gone for big money to teams near the top of the division in recent seasons. Lees has been steady at this level for a long time and Dunkley had a decent reputation before his injury. It’s only really Van Aken who’s not good enough 

Centre half is the least of our worries

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Rhodes, Kachunga, Brown, Marriott, and Pelupessy can go for starters.

I’d keep JVA, Harris, and Odubajo until summer then release. Penney won’t make it either. 

As brown is on loan and I suspect chelsea picking up is wages, we may as well keep him.

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Iorfa is not good enough on the ball for midfield. He’s not the new Carlton Palmer. I don’t know why people can’t see that.

I know what you mean, but he provides some power and pace in there, something that we have been missing for years.... not perfect but could well help us be more offensive

Think Rhodes kachunga are certain to go 

both nearing end of their contracts and pulis doesn’t fancy them 

Dawson can go for me he’s too old to be playing third choice and I think Westwood goes at the end of this season he will replace him looking for a number 1 pushing Dawson down the pecking order 

loads of the youngens can go get some game time dele, hunt etc

Penny doesn’t seem to be. Getting in the team maybe he can go 

if we can improve pelupessy I would 

probably do with moving a centre back on too 

maybe we look at our loans non of them have had an impact for one reason or another their might be an option to terminate early even if there is a penalty on them that’s marriot brown and flint ( I’d keep flint. ) but with dunkley nearing fitness even with pulis favouring centre backs as full backs were still heavy on cbs 

how many do we think we need though my guess is 

1 left back

1 defensive midfielder

1 attacking midfielder 

1 maybe 2 wingers

1 maybe 2 centre forwards 

that’s 5-7 players needed no way do I believe we can achieve that but I do think we will bring in 3/4 players so if we can get 3/4 out maybe we can see how far we can get to it