Pulis hints at mini clearout.........who’s going?

Guest wilyfox

Rhodes, Kachunga, Brown, Marriott, and Pelupessy can go for starters.

I’d keep JVA, Harris, and Odubajo until summer then release. Penney won’t make it either. 

First you have to persuade another club to want any of our dross. Then you have to convince DC to let go one of the “family”. Then the player themselves have to want to go (unlikely with some players when we’ve paid out ridiculous wages) 

Good luck Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Rhodes, Kachunga, Brown, Marriott, and Pelupessy can go for starters.

I’d keep JVA, Harris, and Odubajo until summer then release. Penney won’t make it either. 

Add VA & Odubajo  now   how many goals have they cost us? and while your at it TL

We may have little success in 'selling' players, in other words getting a  transfer fee for hem,but surely , at the end of their contracts  they become free agents and as such are no longer 'our players'therefore not requiring payment of wages etc. etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Buxtongent said:

We may have little success in 'selling' players, in other words getting a  transfer fee for hem,but surely , at the end of their contracts  they become free agents and as such are no longer 'our players'therefore not requiring payment of wages etc. etc.

Transfer fees should be scrapped

Owlstalk Shop

Hopefully the following:

Van Aken

Palmer 

Pelupessy

Rhodes 

Odubajo (maybe). If he plays on the wing, where we know he is capable, then i think he will stay but i can see Reach and Harris keeping him out of the side. 

Keeper situation will be interesting. If Wildsmith continues to perform then we won’t need to rush into the market for one. If westwood can’t get into the side again, he will just sit out the rest of his contract. Dawson obviously not good enough for this level. 

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Who's buying any of our sh*te?  You can't just sack them!

That is a point. The players are signed on contracts which run from Point A to Point B. Suerly , if Point B is reached (a specific date) and a new contract has not been signed, they are no longer employed by gthe club, and as such are not entitled to wages/

Guest wilyfox
31 minutes ago, parajack said:

Add VA & Odubajo  now   how many goals have they cost us? and while your at it TL

I’d say JVA is doing a job filling in at left-back. Overall, I think he’s fared better than I thought he would this season. A new LB is a must, but JVA can provide cover for two positions until his contract ends. I’d also release Mo in the summer, but for now he seems to have the nod over Palmer.

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Transfer fees should be scrapped

So you want Bosman Part II?

If fees were scrapped, the money would just end up in the wages kitty and players would earn loads more than they already do with no return on investment for players that the club has developed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I’d say JVA is doing a job filling in at left-back. Overall, I think he’s fared better than I thought he would this season. A new LB is a must, but JVA can provide cover for two positions until his contract ends. I’d also release Mo in the summer, but for now he seems to have the nod over Palmer.

VA good job? clearly at fault at Fulham & Norwich goals,& in my view can not be relied not to do similar,moving forward,loaned out because thought allegedly not good enough(but has a looooong contract,its the Wednesday way..) & now used out of necessity(well dropped for the Huddersfield match,rightly so)

Will continue to cost us goals if played,ditto Lee's in my view.....