Come Back, All is Forgiven...........

I never slated Atde.

Alot on here did though. 

Think he was here for 6 or 7 seasons and in that time he was useful to all the managers we had. Holding the ball up is a really important attribute when your defense needs a breather 

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich

When you look at who monk either got rid of, froze out, and then compare to what he brought in, this alone shows hes the worst manager weve ever had, regardless of anything else and how poo he had us playing.

I think it's unforgivable letting him go, and for me that was the final nail in Monk's coffin.

All those crosses Monk has us launching into the box against Wymcombe, and no Nuhiu, no nothing up front really. No pace, no skill, no strength, no height.

And on top of that, Nuhiu clearly loved the club. Always gave his all, and encouraged other players to do the same.

Another really strange decision.

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

When you look at who monk either got rid of, froze out, and then compare to what he brought in, this alone shows hes the worst manager weve ever had, regardless of anything else and how poo he had us playing.

rubbish ....he or whoever made the decisions as slashed 1000s off the wage bill .......the signings may be crap but more importantly sooner or later we are going to get back onside financially and be able to start again . 

There would have been more vocal support for him staying if someone had thought to tell us the “squad building strategy” was to have no forwards.........

Someone wants sacking for that, because it’s possible they haven’t already been fired.......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

rubbish ....he or whoever made the decisions as slashed 1000s off the wage bill .......the signings may be crap but more importantly sooner or later we are going to get back onside financially and be able to start again . 

You think the totally ineffective Kachunga and the play anywhere averagely Paterson are on less money than Nuhiu?

Nuhiu would have been a better asset to our squad currently than those 2. 

57 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

We offered him reduced terms and he decided to move on

Don't blame him.

He was never one of the higher paid players and would have been our only reliable forward but we offered to reduce his terms when he was about to become more important to us due to the complete lack of other options.

Instead we are probably paying Paterson and Kachunga more.

Great work Wednesday. 

Losing the quality of Fletcher, FF and even Nuhui up front has cost us goals and quality and we've replaced them with...Windass (decent), Paterson (useful squad player at best) and...Marriott. Like for like all worse replacements. 

This is the single biggest, most obvious reason we're fooked. If we don't bring someone in in Jan who knows where the net is we might as well concede now, the goals aren't coming from anywhere else in the team. Nuhui would walk back into this team. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You think the totally ineffective Kachunga and the play anywhere averagely Paterson are on less money than Nuhiu?

Nuhiu would have been a better asset to our squad currently than those 2. 

your talking about an individual player the poster i was answering too was  was quoting more generally ......i would have kept the big lad but fletch , FF , hutch and one or two  others were draining us financially . .......you must be able to see that 

Just now, torryowl said:

your talking about an individual player the poster i was answering too was  was quoting more generally ......i would have kept the big lad but fletch , FF , hutch and one or two  others were draining us financially . .......you must be able to see that 

Fair enough, the thread is about Nuhiu and the bunch included Nuhiu, you never said you would keep him until this post.

In this case I agree with you and have said so many times. Fletcher was our one shining light last season and was never going to stay with us on the slide and he was clearly going to get better offers.

Forestieri had offered next to nothing for years and as one of the top earners couldn't justify keeping him either.

I would rather have kept Hutchinson on a higher salary than have kept Pelupessy but with Monk being given more time that was never an option.

We knew from January that we were going to have nothing up front this season and so should have done more to keep Nuhiu, as has been proved for the last 16 games.  

Guest The Claw
1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

We offered him reduced terms and he decided to move on

so paterson took the reduced rate...................what does that tell ya?

28 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I think it's unforgivable letting him go, and for me that was the final nail in Monk's coffin.

All those crosses Monk has us launching into the box against Wymcombe, and no Nuhiu, no nothing up front really. No pace, no skill, no strength, no height.

And on top of that, Nuhiu clearly loved the club. Always gave his all, and encouraged other players to do the same.

Another really strange decision.

The recruitment and retention policy here is laughable. 
In this case we stockpiled strikers, until their value evaporated and the only one left is surplus to requirements. 

I think Monk would have kept Nuhiu and Fletcher given the chance, he paired them a few times last season. 

There’s every chance that club finances contributed to Nuhiu’s departure, as it did with Fletcher.

But the replacements...like buying rhubarb when your making a steak and kidney pie.

• Like 1