Pulis Speaking About Hutch

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

With no disrespect intended. Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis two very well respected and successful managers in football believed Hutchinson was a valuable asset to Sheffield Wednesday.

I’ll take their opinion over yours. 

Of course.

why didn’t Bruce sign him on a free transfer to Newcastle then in the summer if he rated him so highly.

and add to that, why didn’t  the other 90 football managers in all 4 divisions of our league who were not Steve Bruce and Garry monk sign him ? 

why is he instead thrashing around the pitch in Cyprus removing legs and being red carded ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Themagiccap said:

#BringbackHutch

its interesting that two experienced and respected managers have both had Westwood as first choice and want Hutch in their team. 

Hutch is is the perfect fit for a Pulis midfield. 

The recall of Westwood as first choice has certainly been a master stroke so far .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hutchinson was a good player when available but wasn't available enough for a number of reasons.
I think Hutchinson joining a club in Cyprus is an indication that perhaps his body tis not up to the rigours of Championship football.

I think its more down to where would you like to play London or Cyprus - uummm tough one I think I will go to the hot and sunny country please that current has only had 54 people die of co-vid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I think its more down to where would you like to play London or Cyprus - uummm tough one I think I will go to the hot and sunny country please that current has only had 54 people die of co-vid.

Course it is.

why aren’t  Harry Kane, Gareth bale, mason mount all playing out there then ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

I should say, by the way, that Pulis is only banging on about hutch as a way to have a go at monk . Same when recalling Westwood. It’s a nice way to load any failure on the prior manager . 

he did the same at Boro.

There's possibly some truth in this. Only some, mind.

Talking about Hutchinson, after all, is one thing, but he actually recalled Westwood not just to the squad (statement enough), but immediately to the starting line-up; once he does that, if his only intention is to have a go at Monk then it's a bit of an own goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

You are not a serious footballer if you choose to play in the Cyprus league rather than the English Championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cowl said:

Do you remember when you used to constantly go on about how much you loved Hutchinson's hair?

I only mention it because it reveals so much about the parts in bold.

No, I have no memory of that at all.

To check, I did a search of my username and the number of times I've used the word "hair" in a post. It drew 11 results, of which precisely 0 referred to Hutchinson. So unless my memory is failing me and I never once used the word "hair" when talking about Hutchinson's hair... I have literally never done that. 

Nice try though. 

32 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

A different player a couple of years ago.  Hence why now he is not bossing the midfield of championship teams, instead he is out in Cyprus booting people in the air.

But still better than anything we currently have

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Yeah that’s why you quite often see players putting in transfer requests from notts forest, brentford etc to go and play for Larnica FC

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

“The club has missed Hutchinson, who sat there with a presence and was a threat for us,” Pulis said. “He was a good player for this football club.

Bang on. Fact is we can’t afford to pay out £20k a week for a limited footballer to only play a limited amount of time over the season.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

No, I have no memory of that at all.

To check, I did a search of my username and the number of times I've used the word "hair" in a post. It drew 11 results, of which precisely 0 referred to Hutchinson. So unless my memory is failing me and I never once used the word "hair" when talking about Hutchinson's hair... I have literally never done that. 

Nice try though. 

You probably didn't use the word ‘hair’, in fact it may not even have been his hair (perhaps it was another poster that seemed impressed with his hair). I distinctly remember you using this emoji a lot :wub: in relation to Hutchinson though.

But what did you expect to find when you went searching anyway? You either have little faith in your memory to begin with, or you expected to find something else with you similarly fawning of Hutchinson's appearance—were this not the case you'd have just said, and with confidence, that I'm mistaken. But...you searched. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hutchinson was a good player when available but wasn't available enough for a number of reasons.
I think Hutchinson joining a club in Cyprus is an indication that perhaps his body tis not up to the rigours of Championship football.

Played 24 games in the first half of last season, we even managed to win a fair amount of them.......

Guest LondonOwl313
24 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Of course.

why didn’t Bruce sign him on a free transfer to Newcastle then in the summer if he rated him so highly.

and add to that, why didn’t  the other 90 football managers in all 4 divisions of our league who were not Steve Bruce and Garry monk sign him ? 

why is he instead thrashing around the pitch in Cyprus removing legs and being red carded ?

Because Newcastle are a mid table premier league team and he’s not at that level 

But the idea that he couldn’t get a league club so he went to Cyprus isn’t right. Pretty sure someone would take him on the money that he’s on in Cyprus 

Its more likely that he wants to live abroad and experience that.. he’s 31, probably doesn’t need the money that much and it’s a lifestyle choice.

Same with Nuhui.. find it hard to believe that Monk didn’t want to keep him especially as he knew Fletcher was off. He’d be our first choice striker this season. Also find it hard to believe that we couldn’t match the wages of a Cypriot team. So it’s more likely that we tried to keep him and he wanted to go.. rumours were he wanted to move abroad to be nearer his gf