Pulis Speaking About Hutch

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Bang on. Fact is we can’t afford to pay out £20k a week for a limited footballer to only play a limited amount of time over the season.

Lol limited footballer? Glad we got rid of those and replaced them with better 

31 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Of course.

why didn’t Bruce sign him on a free transfer to Newcastle then in the summer if he rated him so highly.

and add to that, why didn’t  the other 90 football managers in all 4 divisions of our league who were not Steve Bruce and Garry monk sign him ? 

why is he instead thrashing around the pitch in Cyprus removing legs and being red carded ?

Bruce is saving his funds to launch a bid for Pelupessy

• Haha 2

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Played 24 games in the first half of last season, we even managed to win a fair amount of them.......

Exactly.. no idea why people bang the drum about his availability so much because he’s been available for most of his time at the club.

Had a few red cards earlier in his career here so that reputation stuck. Had injuries before he came here so that reputation stuck too. But other than his two imposed exiles by weak managers he’s been mostly available for selection for 80+% of the games 

16 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Bang on. Fact is we can’t afford to pay out £20k a week for a limited footballer to only play a limited amount of time over the season.

24 games up to January last season suggests he was available to play and the reason he wasn't selected beyond January was not down to injury or suspension but because the manager at the time thought it was best to cast him aside for the good of the team - we went on to record the 23rd best set of results in the 24-team division in the second half of last season.......

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Lol limited footballer? Glad we got rid of those and replaced them with better 

Hardly a well rounded midfielder is he? He can tackle and scrap for the ball and that’s it really. We can’t replace him with better because we have no money due Running wages at over 150% of revenue for years.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
57 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think giving Pulapessy another contract was an indication of the modest budget we have.

maybe, but if we need to add a ‘Hutchinson’ in January, that’s another wage on the books for the same slot, so how good a decision was it to keep Joey in the first place? End up paying more for the mistake. The one thing he showed during his 2+1/2yr contract was a lack of quality. Club somehow decided that was the way to go.

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Hardly a well rounded midfielder is he? He can tackle and scrap for the ball and that’s it really. We can’t replace him with better because we have no money due Running wages at over 150% of revenue for years.

So if you can't replace him with better, what is the best thing to do?

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Was pretty well rounded for this level. Can tackle and scrap for the ball, plus had leadership and organisational skills, and wasn’t too shabby at passing either. Not sure what more you want from your defensive midfielder tbh.

FFP isn’t a limitation now so it’s Chansiri that doesn’t have the money for it

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Hutchinson’s long range passing was actually very good. He could ping a diagonal ball better than most at the club. It was his short range game that let him down, and the reason he wasn’t a possession footballer. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

maybe, but if we need to add a ‘Hutchinson’ in January, that’s another wage on the books for the same slot, so how good a decision was it to keep Joey in the first place? End up paying more for the mistake. The one thing he showed during his 2+1/2yr contract was a lack of quality. Club somehow decided that was the way to go.

I agree on Joey Pelupessy, best will in the world but he is simply not good enough for the Championship.
Think he will be one of player Pulis eases out. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

He was. He isn’t now. Let’s just sign his replacement - something we should have done last window. Still cringe that Monk thought Joey was adequate cover.

It could just as easily have been DC saying there’s no cash available. In an ideal world I guarantee that Monk wouldn’t have wanted to do that deal.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I am personally very happy with the central defenders this season, espec with iorfa back fit and a return to form for borner. I would not have SH ahead of any of Borner , Lees or Iorfa, and arguably not ahead of Flint.

He would be my first choice CB or CM player should be still be at the club. Contrary to belief Sam Hutchinson was playing very well and was very fit last season until Monk started his destruction process.

I was of the belief that we should have moved him back to CH to play with and bring on Iorfa this season and made him club captain signing a replacement DM player. 

I know he is playing in cyprus now but i think that is more for family reasons and can quite capably play at top championship level. Clearly the new manager can see this aswell with his comments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Of course.

why didn’t Bruce sign him on a free transfer to Newcastle then in the summer if he rated him so highly.

and add to that, why didn’t  the other 90 football managers in all 4 divisions of our league who were not Steve Bruce and Garry monk sign him ? 

why is he instead thrashing around the pitch in Cyprus removing legs and being red carded ?

Family 

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Of course.

I know you’re trolling, but Bruce probably didn’t sign him at Newcastle because he had Longstaff, Shelvey, Hendrick and whoever else to choose from. I said Hutch was a valuable asset to Sheffield Wednesday, you know bottom half in the Championship, not a valuable asset to Newcastle United who are mid table in the Premier League. 

I’ve been told Sam had two offers from Championship clubs but turned them down. Wanted to move abroad. And who can blame him? 31 years old, get paid money to kick a ball about in Cyprus instead of lockdown stricken England? No brainier for me at that age.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hutchinson was a good player when available but wasn't available enough for a number of reasons.
I think Hutchinson joining a club in Cyprus is an indication that perhaps his body tis not up to the rigours of Championship football.

Or no Championship Club wants him?

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

With no disrespect intended. Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis two very well respected and successful managers in football believed Hutchinson was a valuable asset to Sheffield Wednesday.

I’ll take their opinion over yours. 

Steve Bruce stayed here how long? & allegedly showed what he thought of the Club...TP been out of management for 2 Years....(his choice? dont know..)

Both are respected within the game,yes. but that doesnt mean they know more about a player that supporters watch,week in,week out..

'.was' is the operative word...  NO Championship gig for 'Hutch'   this season.......in my view there was an alleged reason for that.