Pulis Speaking About Hutch

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I think its more down to where would you like to play London or Cyprus - uummm tough one I think I will go to the hot and sunny country please that current has only had 54 people die of co-vid.

Come off it......dont confuse holiday destinations with work.....

Edited by parajack

55 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

maybe, but if we need to add a ‘Hutchinson’ in January, that’s another wage on the books for the same slot, so how good a decision was it to keep Joey in the first place? End up paying more for the mistake. The one thing he showed during his 2+1/2yr contract was a lack of quality. Club somehow decided that was the way to go.

PP squad player for cover...in my view

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I don’t think TP is a fan of Monk? Walked into problems it would seem at Middlesbrough as well as here?

He's had himself two jobs now out of Monk's ineptitude—even if not a fan I'm sure he's delighted such managers as Monk exist.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don’t think TP is a fan of Monk? Walked into problems it would seem at Middlesbrough as well as here?

Good point mate,maybe also the earliest sign of frustration?...hardly going to gee up the ones in the team who have replaced him is it?

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

Steve Bruce stayed here how long? & allegedly showed what he thought of the Club...TP been out of management for 2 Years....(his choice? dont know..)

Both are respected within the game,yes. but that doesnt mean they know more about a player that supporters watch,week in,week out..

'.was' is the operative word...  NO Championship gig for 'Hutch'   this season.......in my view there was an alleged reason for that.

'alleged' Yet again!

Jesus Christ

lol

10 minutes ago, parajack said:

Steve Bruce stayed here how long? & allegedly showed what he thought of the Club...TP been out of management for 2 Years....(his choice? dont know..)

Both are respected within the game,yes. but that doesnt mean they know more about a player that supporters watch,week in,week out..

'.was' is the operative word...  NO Championship gig for 'Hutch'   this season.......in my view there was an alleged reason for that.

Sam had two offers from Championship clubs but turned them down to move abroad. That’s what I’ve heard anyway, and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. On a free transfer he’s still a good player at this level. 

If I was a 31 year old professional needing a club during a pandemic where the UK has been hit particularly hard. I’d jump at the chance to have a couple of years abroad and play football in a different country. I’m sure when Sam is grey and old he won’t be regretting moving to Cyprus sunning himself and experiencing something new.

• Like 1

Not hard to see why Pulis would appreciate Hutch, hes definitely his kind of player and I doubt he'd have an issue managing Hutch's personality.

With that being said I think it was the right time to part ways. As usual the issue is around not adequately replacing players rather than the decision to let them go.

• Like 2

Why, now he’s left, is Hutch suddenly a bad footballer and painted as the the villain?

When he was here and playing he was immense for us and his contribution to this club should be applauded.

Sick of the rewriting of history by some to twist an argument in their favour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

#BringbackHutch

its interesting that two experienced and respected managers have both had Westwood as first choice and want Hutch in their team. 

Hutch is is the perfect fit for a Pulis midfield. 

The Hutchinson of a couple of years ago maybe. Let’s be honest if he was such a shoe in he wouldn’t be plying his trade in that soccer hotbed that is Cyprus 

bloody hell these past 3 years we've had thread after thread saying the tired  aging   play off  squad needs dismantling  and new blood brought in ......now some seem to be pining for them to come back .......good players all of them but there time here was done  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, torryowl said:

bloody hell these past 3 years we've had thread after thread saying the tired  aging   play off  squad needs dismantling  and new blood brought in ......now some seem to be pining for them to come back .......good players all of them but there time here was done  

It's because the 'new blood' is a bitsh it

lol

8 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

How come he brought it up anyroad? 

Did he pluck the name out or did one of the journo's mention him? 

Just seems a bit random. 

He was talking about Liam Shaw and said that he could well see him step up into the shoes of Sam Hutchinson this season. "The club has missed Hutchinson, who sat there with a presence and was a threat for us" Pulis said "He was a good player for this football club"

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sam had two offers from Championship clubs but turned them down to move abroad. That’s what I’ve heard anyway, and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. On a free transfer he’s still a good player at this level. 

If I was a 31 year old professional needing a club during a pandemic where the UK has been hit particularly hard. I’d jump at the chance to have a couple of years abroad and play football in a different country. I’m sure when Sam is grey and old he won’t be regretting moving to Cyprus sunning himself and experiencing something new.

Had they been from top clubs though he wouldn't have gone to Cyprus would he. 

Probably Barnsley and Rotherham wanted him.

lol

Pulis needs to look forward not back. 

The likes of Westwood and Hutchinson peaked 3-4 years ago. 

F@@king winds me up that people say idiotic nonsense like bring Hutch back. 

He’s a has been playing in a footballing backwater. Tells you everything that you need to know. 

It’s the same with Westwood. Another over the hill player. If Pulis brings him back again it’s a big error of judgement. 

Looking forward to getting him and his chunky wages off the books. 

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But but but he was a BAD EGG.

When will the people who slate Hutch and Westwood realise that the problem was the incompetent and weak managers not the players themselves? 

How's the social work going??

Give me 11 professional players who listen to the manager any day of the week