Football snobbery..

Guest Therealrealist

20 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

That’s what’s at play here...it’s pathetic..what’s wrong with gettin it in mixer ASAP? Peps Barcelona used to send my glass eye to sleep..3000 passes when 3 wud av done..we are never goin to score whilst fannyin about with it nea4 the centre circle..win at preston(where we always get bummed) and most people will be on board..believe you me

We won't and they won't.

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, rickygoo said:

There’s a hell of a gap between Pulis and Pep. I am sick of being bored. If it’s just about results I’ll leave it to you and I’ll look for the score in the Sunday papers. It’ll save me over a grand a year. Quids in and not bored. Double whammy. 

Well I won’t be bored if I’m boozin on the coach home if we have won 0-1 in a absolute turd of a game

It’s all about winning. When you look back on what you’ve won it’s secondary how well you played. Greece were awful to watch at the 2004 euros and they walked away with the trophy. You have to do what you have to do to win. If you are not blessed with amazing talent then you have to be organised. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

That’s what’s at play here...it’s pathetic..what’s wrong with gettin it in mixer ASAP? Peps Barcelona used to send my glass eye to sleep..3000 passes when 3 wud av done..we are never goin to score whilst fannyin about with it nea4 the centre circle..win at preston(where we always get bummed) and most people will be on board..believe you me

It is pathetic, at the start of the season, it was stay up at all costs, by any means.

Now they have moved the goal posts for Chansiri, stay up whilst playing attractive tippy tappy football. Bless the entitled ones.

Let's just concentrate on the main objective.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, @owlstalk said:

You should just cut out the match and stay in the boozer

(most people will eventually under this brand of 'football')

lol

Well goin up about 15.20..back down about 15.40..then back up about 16.10...sprinkle in about 5 pi55es..I don’t see that much crap football anyway😂

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

It's not about snobbery, it's about  not playing outdated turdball, to scrape safety. 

Safety doesn’t need to be scraped...a few ugly wins and we will be lookin upwards

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

It is pathetic, at the start of the season, it was stay up at all costs, by any means.

Now they have moved the goal posts for Chansiri, stay up whilst playing attractive tippy tappy football. Bless the entitled ones.

Let's just concentrate on the main objective.

Ex@ctamondo...nail on head big time

2 minutes ago, brando said:

Our current squad cant do either....I dont envy Pulis one bit...apart from the dosh.  .

And that's the issue, the money. Its going to be costing loads to get him in and a blood fortune to get shot of him. 

All that for his nightmare brand of football. 

Edited by Maddogbob

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Well goin up about 15.20..back down about 15.40..then back up about 16.10...sprinkle in about 5 pi55es..I don’t see that much crap football anyway😂

So you're calling for the worst football known to man

But you don't watch the match cos you're in the loo all the time

But you want everyone else to have to endure it?

THANKS A LOT

lol

Owlstalk Shop

The OP has a point. Too often teams ill equipped to do so try playing out from the back. I used to enjoy Stoke and teams allardyce managed beating arsenal. 
That said, as ever there’s a limit and it’s easier celebrating a ‘long ball’ team’s success from afar than at close hand. I suppose there’s an element of TV too: packaging it as entertainment rather than a sport.

In short, I would love Wednesday to be successful. Playing beautiful football like from 1990-1993 would be preferable.

Edited by Ever the pessimist
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're in denial as much as Megson was when he was (rightly) booted out of Sheffield Wednesday on his  backside and replaced with someone who could do the job and get us promoted

The players agreed too as they immediately kicked into action once the shackles were lifted

I assume you mean Antonio?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, @owlstalk said:

So you're calling for the worst football known to man

But you don't watch the match cos you're in the loo all the time

But you want everyone else to have to endure it?

THANKS A LOT

lol

Suppose so 😆..and at the risk of sounding like the hapless monkmeister...I know what an happy coach looks like on the way home💯