Football snobbery..

Guest Therealrealist

When your team is down the wrong end of the league you have to fight your way out of it using the players you have. We’re in a tight spot at the moment with an unheard of number of games coming up in rapid succession. Continuing to glean 1.1 points per game  between now and the next transfer window would make us certs for relegation to Div 1. What sort of player would be available to us in January then?

We’ve been in deep trouble after a period of decline a few times in my memory. Each time the manager that turned us around made the team defensively strong, hard running and hard to break down. Think Megson, Charlton , Catterick. Nobody cared about the tactics and style of play as they stopped the rot. It was done by physically strong players playing a no nonsense direct style of football. Technically gifted players were a rarity until a few were introduced as we achieved safety.

Forget the talk of boring football and football snobbery, rubbishing the long ball game etc. We need to win matches first and foremost. This time next season we need to be in or around the top six no matter how we get there. Only then will better players be attracted to Hillsborough again. Pulis is the sort of manager to stop the rot and should be supported. If change is needed once things are stabilised then so be it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Prince said:

Yeah, give me Andy Carroll over Cristiano Ronaldo any day of the week....

People who don’t appreciate the beautiful game played on the floor are akin to people who don’t like theatre or Opera. Uneducated reprobates who probably enjoy cold baked beans straight out of the tin. 😆

I'd love see CR7 playing for Wednesday, and us playing like Brazil, but there's 0.001% chance of that happening under any manager we could have appointed.

Now as for Andy Carroll, with his injury track record...

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, rickygoo said:

Each to their own I just don’t want to be bored for 90 minutes. What will be will be. 

Since when as goin to the match come down to bein ‘entertained’? Do you not meet up with mates and family on a sat day to drink and talk rounduns and hope for a wednesday win? 

9 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Since when as goin to the match come down to bein ‘entertained’? Do you not meet up with mates and family on a sat day to drink and talk rounduns and hope for a wednesday win? 

I can do that by staying in the pub without shelling out for sitting through 90 minutes of poo . 

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

its  insane to spend 1000s on something you dont enjoy ........

I’m coming to that realisation! It’s a habit though isn’t it plus there’s the fear you’ll miss something phenomenal. Same reason I never leave before the end regardless of the score. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cartman said:

I've been going since 86.... These moaning that it won't be as entertaining  as what they are used to must have only turned up for the Atkinson and Carlos seasons and being in a lapdancing club for the rest.... 

More than half of even our best teams have been lapfuckingfancing for the past 20 years.

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Make it a two parter- First KFC in the UK and first Owlstalk member to get bummed round the back chewing on a fillet burger.

And Preston had the first motorway...maybe the first owlstaker to get bummed whilst eatin a kfc on the m6