Football snobbery..

Guest Therealrealist

8 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So it look like said plumber has been working in the middlesboro...any of this ‘plumbers’ custumers in the Croydon and stoke area write a review??

I think the Palace fans will be interested in how he tried to rob them and do a runner. 

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I think the Palace fans will be interested in how he tried to rob them and do a runner. 

Did a good job tho...did a runner with 2 mill but saved them 40 mill apparanty imo

Right now, I couldn’t care less about style or entertainment. 

I want two things. 

Winning games to stay up and not constantly being a soft touch who get easily turned over. 

If Pulis brings a team with an aggressive streak that win games then bring it on. 

Let’s worry about next season later and stop getting ahead of ourselves. 

• Like 5

Just now, owlmanc said:

It’s all about winning. When you look back on what you’ve won it’s secondary how well you played. Greece were awful to watch at the 2004 euros and they walked away with the trophy. You have to do what you have to do to win. If you are not blessed with amazing talent then you have to be organised. 

100% .......i much preferred the scrappy 1-0 win over man utd in 91  than the glorious defeat to everton in 66 ........

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

Right now, I couldn’t care less about style or entertainment. 

I want two things. 

Winning games to stay up and not constantly being a soft touch who get easily turned over. 

If Pulis brings a team with an aggressive streak that win games then bring it on. 

Let’s worry about next season later and stop getting ahead of ourselves. 

That’s what everybody wants but they darent admit it

The bizarre thing is that the teams getting promoted and being successful in the league play open , passing attacking football. Look at the last 6. Fulham, West Brom,  blunts, villa, Norwich, Leeds.  All really good attacking teams. Yet we think best way to be successful is , er, not to do that  . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The bizarre thing is that the teams getting promoted and being successful in the league play open , passing attacking football. Look at the last 6. Fulham, West Brom,  blunts, villa, Norwich, Leeds.  All really good attacking teams. Yet we think best way to be successful is , er, not to do that  . 

The thing is, though, of the teams you cite most had recently been in the PM.

Leeds have the Revie years which enabled them to land Bielsa.

The Blades were just outrageously lucky.

We don't fit into any of those three categories.

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

100% .......i much preferred the scrappy 1-0 win over man utd in 91  than the glorious defeat to everton in 66 ........

Exactly. Do you think Huddersfield fans look back at their promotion and think if only we had scored more goals in the play offs? Nah... it’s all about winning football matches. 

• Like 2

Just now, Athelwulf said:

We clattered Norwich 5 0 under Jos , a Hat trick from Nuhiu . They looked like a pub team. The season after they went up with Jordan Rhodes as their 3rd striker.

they just had the stones to play proper football, unlike us .

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

What’s the Revie years got to do with landing bielsa? They’ve got a dynamic owner who went out and snaffled a decent coach...agree about 5he gruntbags tho...utd are down so that’s good and if bielsa doesn’t change his style Leeds will also be down..and that’s good..we cud be on the way up

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

That’s what’s at play here...it’s pathetic..what’s wrong with gettin it in mixer ASAP? Peps Barcelona used to send my glass eye to sleep..3000 passes when 3 wud av done..we are never goin to score whilst fannyin about with it nea4 the centre circle..win at preston(where we always get bummed) and most people will be on board..believe you me

Well said realist. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

No don’t like tennis..I liked megsons Wednesday..all about 7 foot and I liked all the opposition fans cryin and bellyaching about being bullied by orrible Wednesday etc etc

Me too. 

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We clattered Norwich 5 0 under Jos , a Hat trick from Nuhiu . They looked like a pub team. The season after they went up with Jordan Rhodes as their 3rd striker.

Norwich turned up in their speedos...that game didn’t mean anything to anybody

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Norwich turned up in their speedos...that game didn’t mean anything to anybody

The broader point is

no teams are playing direct football in this league successfully.  The attacking, footballing teams are being more successful. Even Blackburn who spend very little are performing well playing decent attacking football.

8 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Norwich also changed tack, sold their best player who everything went through that made them predictable and used the money to strengthen the squad in key areas so they weren't as predictable.