A look back at Pulis beating Wednesday

Bez

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, Bez said:

We looked the better team, but we lost.

Don't think his style is always what you imagine it is.

I remember that game, was live on Sky and Lees gifted them the second. From what I remember we never looked like winning and we found it hard to play against them. They were very efficient. Ultimately we’d have got a point though if not for the mistake 

4 hours ago, Bez said:

We looked the better team, but we lost.

Don't think his style is always what you imagine it is.

Bodies on the line at the end. Exactly what we’ve missed. 

Their first goal includes a back heel in the build up. #liquidfootball

• Like 1

Can't remember that game.

Oddly enough I remember Wednesday 1 Middlesbrough 2 about two or three years back when the Boro manager got sacked straight after the game.  Garry Monk.  

Think that was the game where Patrick Bamford scored a penalty against Joe Wildsmith at the Leppings Lane end and then got into a spat with Joe for no obvious reasons.  

• Thanks 1

On 14/11/2020 at 08:05, Lincs Owl said:

Oddly enough I remember Wednesday 1 Middlesbrough 2 about two or three years back when the Boro manager got sacked straight after the game.  Garry Monk.  

Think that was the game where Patrick Bamford scored a penalty against Joe Wildsmith at the Leppings Lane end and then got into a spat with Joe for no obvious reasons.  

It was the game carlos got sacked after too. 

Actually Joe saved the penalty but let in an easy shot from miles out, that's when Bamford ruffled his hair. 

• Like 1

Bamford gave him sh@t for no reason other than him being a self absorbed arrogant c@cknocker

• Haha 1

I think the interesting bit in those videos is that there are a lot of Boro players  in and around the penalty box in open play.

This has been a massive weakness for us for a while , under several managers, and one of the main reasons we don’t score many goals .

Will be very interesting to see if he can fix that

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The difference is, unless we are losing in the last 15 minutes, we rarely get more than 1 or 2 in the box and with no real options to aim at, moves break down in the last 3rd or are defended easily.

We rely on the front or two with no one prepared to run through or hang on the edge of the D for the second ball.  Kieran Lee helped us with any overload but there has been nothing for months since he got injured and left.

At least Pulis gets his players forward in numbers and into sensible positions.

We have the personnel here to play his way.  Westwood back and a mobile CF could be all that is needed?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I think the interesting bit in those videos is that there are a lot of Boro players  in and around the penalty box in open play.

This has been a massive weakness for us for a while , under several managers, and one of the main reasons we don’t score many goals .

Will be very interesting to see if he can fix that

beat me to it OO...exactly the same point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

The difference is, unless we are losing in the last 15 minutes, we rarely get more than 1 or 2 in the box and with no real options to aim at, moves break down in the last 3rd or are defended easily.

We rely on the front or two with no one prepared to run through or hang on the edge of the D for the second ball.  Kieran Lee helped us with any overload but there has been nothing for months since he got injured and left.

At least Pulis gets his players forward in numbers and into sensible positions.

We have the personnel here to play his way.  Westwood back and a mobile CF could be all that is needed?

You make good points about getting people into the box and good positions, like we used to when Lee was at his best. I think to effectively play more like Pulis might want us to, we'd need a powerhouse target man; at least one more productive winger, a defensive midfielder and possibly a full back too. In order to be more balanced and solid as a team but also more threatening in a direct way. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1