Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

Just now, AwokenGiant said:

Think it makes sense, if we are bringing him in then it would be better as a long term project not a short term one. Otherwise, it goes against what most say on here about giving a manager the opportunity to build. No doubt Pulis will keep us up and he has a track record of gaining promotions, so despite the style of football it could be a good match. 

Furthermore, it goes against Chansiri's previous stance - i.e. rolling contracts - which suggests he is learning and giving Pulis more control over the footballing side of things. 

• Like 2

Just now, Holmowl said:

20/21

Get us mid-table

Rejig the squad

21/22

Play-off push 

Further strengthen

22/23

Promotion

Seems genuinely possible. Arguably very probable with his record. 

As opposed to his record at Middlesboro

Season 1 - play poo football and fail miserably in the play offs.

Season 2 - play poo football and fail to reach the play offs

Very probable doesn't come into it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am a bit underwhelmed by this news but hope he does well.
It might be hard work watching us but hope we are least organised and hardworking.

I wouldn’t be bothered in style, as long as we win matches, yeah attacking flowing football is always better to watch. But it’s results that count. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Guest FoxOwl12

Who the hell is advising Chansiri? If it's the same idiot or idiots who advised him to get Monk and the the recent raft of players then our club will only go one way and that's down in the future. If Pulis comes that's me finished.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Pulis won’t give a crap about the job, all he will want is the money and will get a big pay off from his contract when he gets sacked. Why give someone like him a long term contract? Chansiri is clueless. 

Why give someone like Ryan Lowe a job like this,  you enjoy league one do ya ? 

Pulis will consolidate the club in this division, at the minute we look like an absolute car crash league one club , an experienced manager was absolutely the right call from the chairman who obviously sees the threat of relegation been very real 

I can’t wait for the ST renewal figures to come out next year. I can see a lot of people not forking out the most expensive season ticket and POTG prices in the league to watch Pulis football. 

A horrible horrible decision by Chansiri.